Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2006 ranger XLT 4x4 not working correctly

Discussion in 'Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum' started by Bikeman5, February 9, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Bikeman5

Bikeman5 New Member

City, State:
      North Berwick Maine
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2006FordRangerXLT4x4SCab
      i believe my issue is s bad 4x4 module, truck was sometimes going into 4 low when 4 high was selected, now it won't go into 4x4 at all and no dash light but has light when starting vehicle as other dash lights light,

i saw on youtube to unhook battery to reset module, this works only until i put it back to 2wheel drive, every time i go to use or need 4x4 i have to unhook battery first for 5 to 10 minutes.

saw a thread here saying module is in the center dash, remove radio bezel and radio, can this part be accessed and changed through the radio hole

also could it be the PCM at position #47 under the hood in the Power Distribution Box?

thanks for any help or suggestions

Last edited: February 10, 2018
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.