1. for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2007 EB "Squeaking" noise from driver side front

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by jeeden, August 21, 2007.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. jeeden

jeeden Active Member

Year and Model:
      2011 Ford Explorer
      I know this is a long shot, but I thought I would ask. Has anyone had a "squeaking" noise come from their interior drivers side? It sounds like it's in the wheel well area, perhaps door area. It's not very loud, you need to have the radio off to really hear it. It is best compared to a piece of styrafoam in in your hand or maybe holding a balloon. It's kinda irritating and I'd like to try to find it since it is so tough for the dealers to locate subtle noises with their limited time with the car, noisy shops, etc.

It only happens when rolling and coincides with bumps in the road, etc. I thought it might be the sound foam in the drivers door jam (towards the quarter panel behind the hinges, but it is secure in there, etc.

Anyway, thought it was worth putting out there to see if anyone else has had the issue.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. jeeden

jeeden Active Member

Year and Model:
      2011 Ford Explorer
      Anyone Anyone...Bueler?

4. ptlmbutler

ptlmbutler New Member

City, State:
      Northeast Ohio
      Year and Model:
      2007 Explorer XLT
      my 07 explorer is doing the same exact thing in the passenger rear door. If you push on the interior door panel witht he door open you can hear it squeak. I plan on taking it to the dealer.

It is driving me crazy...

5. jeeden

jeeden Active Member

Year and Model:
      2011 Ford Explorer

I'll have to look at the door panel some more. I'm going on a trip this weekend and can't get it into the dealer until Saturday. I'm concerned they won't be able to replicate the problem, but I'm willing to take them for a drive. It's weird, the squeaking comes and goes. In the morning it seems pretty quiet, but then it gets worse and if you go over a rumble strip or a big bump it kind of "unleashes" it and it will squeak at the slightest vibrations.

I've gone over the whole door panel, door seals, etc and haven't been able to replicate it without the car rolling.

It's not that loud, but the truck is so quiet that it stands out.

6. ptlmbutler

ptlmbutler New Member

City, State:
      Northeast Ohio
      Year and Model:
      2007 Explorer XLT
      yep, I know exactly what you are talkign about. When I push on the door panel with a good deal of force it will replicate the squeak. I just haven't had a chance to bring it in yet.

7. rodrmarl

rodrmarl New Member

City, State:
      El TIGRE vENEZUELA
      Year and Model:
      2008 xlt
      Have you fixed this problem?. i have the same problem in my new Explorer XLT 2008.

Marcos R.

Venezuela

8. ptlmbutler

ptlmbutler New Member

City, State:
      Northeast Ohio
      Year and Model:
      2007 Explorer XLT
      what I did

I sprayed some silicone spray down in the plastic to see if that would fix it and save me a trip to the dealer. It turns out that it worked, it took a few days to work its way down into the door but the squeak has been gone ever since.

Good luck!

9. michael loibl

michael loibl Active Member

City, State:
      maywood, new jersey
      Year and Model:
      2006 eddie bauer
      mine made a squeak/crunch when making sharp low speed turns with a bump like sharp turn up my driveway ramp. Dealer lubricated all control arm bushings and havent heard the squeak again (about 1 year)