Dismiss Notice

to owner generated reviews, discussion, tech tips, and more! The #1 Ford Explorer enthusiast resource on the Internet since 1996. We also cover the Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2007 Explorer Sport Trac 4.6L V8 Coolant Temp Sensor???

Discussion in 'Under the Hood' started by shorty2313, May 19, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. shorty2313

shorty2313 New Member

City, State:
      Sapulpa, OK
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2007 Explorer Sport Trac
      Hello everyone, newbie to forum here. I have an issue and I'm hoping someone can give me idea where to look. I have a 2007 Explorer Sport Trac with a 4.6L V8 in it. I am needing to replace the engine coolant temperature sensor but I can not locate it. Can anyone tell me where it is located? I have called my local Ford dealerships, part stores and even a couple mechanics with no solutions on where this sucker is hiding. Closest answer I have gotten is that its on the "cross over tube" and "there is no coolant temperature sensor. That style goes off of a cylinder heat temperature sensor". I bought the sensor yesterday when the code came up. I just bought the truck last march. Been a chevy guy up til then. So new to Ford for most part lol. Any insight would be great appreciated

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Bill MacLeod

Bill MacLeod Active Member

City, State:
      Hamilton, Ontario
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      06 Ltd V-8
      The CHT sensor (cylinder head temp) is mounted into the right side cylinder head underneath the intake manifold. Approx location is #3 cylinder. You will need to remove the intake manifold to access the CHT.
      No ECT sensor on the 3v engine.