2007 ford explorer sport trac limited moon roof no power at switch | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 ford explorer sport trac limited moon roof no power at switch

mattty

Reaction score
City, State
glen
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 ford limited
hi i got a 2007 explorer sport trac limited , and my moon roof is dead . well i first thought it must be my moon roof motor (after i checked the fuses and they where all good ) so i installed a new motor , then ,,,, back to square one (dead), so i did some digging and found out theres no power at the moon roof open/close switch , vs the rear window switch beside it has power when i checked them both with a power test light,(rear window switch has power) and (moonroof switch has no power ) again fuses all are good.. .... what to do ???? i dont want to tear my interior apart trying to find the break in the wiring harness ,:(,., if someone would be able to help find the wiring diagram on the power switch then im thinking i would just get a power source from somewhere else and tie it into the moon roof harness and have a fuse in between,??? or wouldnt that work??,, help please , thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Under the dash you have fuse #1 (20 AMP) and fuse #5 (5 AMP). I suspect #5 is OK based on your rear window switch being powered. I understand you checked the fuses for continuity, but with your test light, did you probe the fuse holder (with ignition ON) to see if there is voltage at fuse #1? Does your truck also have power adjustable pedals, and if so, are they working? I am kind of surprised there is no relay, so suspect it might be controlled by the body control module. Maybe somebody will chime in soon with a schematic - for all I know, when you press the switch, you might be supplying ground.

Under the dash you have fuse #1 (20 AMP) and fuse #5 (5 AMP). I suspect #5 is OK based on your rear window switch being powered. I understand you checked the fuses for continuity, but with your test light, did you probe the fuse holders metal clips (with ignition ON) to see if there is voltage at fuse #1? Does your truck also have power adjustable pedals, and if so, are they working? I am kind of surprised there is no relay, so suspect it might be controlled by the body control module. Maybe somebody will chime in soon with a schematic - for all I know, when you press the switch, you might be supplying ground.

Yes I did check the fuses both sides with key on , and yes my pedal adjust switch works. I checked both fuses , the 5 amp and the 20 amp . Both are good ,

Yes I did check the fuses both sides with key on , and yes my pedal adjust switch works. I checked both fuses , the 5 amp and the 20 amp . Both are good ,
Hi Matty, I have the exact same problem you do and can't seem to figure it out for the life of me. Please let me know if you get anywhere.

After going thru what you did I figured power at switch as well, not the case, the switch simply supplies ground so you will not see a test light go on. It turns out that all I ended up doing (after months of not working) was resetting all the connections up by the switches, simply disconnected the connections and reset them firmly, bingo!!!!! Of course now that I screwed around with it so much my sunroof doesn't know where it is sitting in the cycle so it does move but timing is critical to get it closed properly. I can't seem to find the instructions to reset the sunroof and let it relearn exactly where it is. Any help in that area would be great, 2007 sport trac ltd v8.

After going thru what you did I figured power at switch as well, not the case, the switch simply supplies ground so you will not see a test light go on. It turns out that all I ended up doing (after months of not working) was resetting all the connections up by the switches, simply disconnected the connections and reset them firmly, bingo!!!!! Of course now that I screwed around with it so much my sunroof doesn't know where it is sitting in the cycle so it does move but timing is critical to get it closed properly. I can't seem to find the instructions to reset the sunroof and let it relearn exactly where it is. Any help in that area would be great, 2007 sport trac ltd v8.
Hello I have an 08 exploer sport Trac moonroof does not move. So I checked fuses #1 and #5. There was no fuse in #1. I do not have Adjustable deals. Should I still put a 20amp fuse in #1. Thanks for any help is greatly appreciated. Mark

Back