Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2007 Sport Trac

Discussion in '2007 - 2010 Explorer Sport Trac' started by jackjanow, May 27, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. jackjanow

jackjanow New Member

City, State:
      Lubbock, TX
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2007 Sport Trac
      The display on my radio/singlecd/mp3 player faded and then went completely blank. Can anybody tell me what can be done to fix it?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Willcall

Willcall Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Wolfforth, TX
      01 XLT (1)
      It may have de-soldered itself from the circuit board, as I have heard that it is common radio failure among Ford radios. If it is that, you could solder it again.

4. mike07083

mike07083 New Member

City, State:
      Union,New Jersey
      2010 explorer sport trac
      Stereo

I would just go out and get an aftermarket stereo...Will sound 1000% better than the stock...I put the pioneer avh-p4300dvd in my 2010 and also changed the speakers....Easy job and it sounds GREAT...Hope this helps...Mike

5. STrac4me

STrac4me Active Member

City, State:
      Bonneau, South Carolina
      2007 Sport Trac Limited
      I don't want to steal this thread, but did you need any kit to work with the 4300dvd? I am going to buy a Pioneer AVH -P 3300dvd in a few weeks, but not sure if it is a direct fit in the double DIN opening or do you need some type of ring to cover the outer border?

6. mooshin

mooshin Member

City, State:
      AZ
      2008 Sport Trac XLT
      If you find ourself needing a new one I may part with mine since it's not installed in the truck.

7. mike07083

mike07083 New Member

City, State:
      Union,New Jersey
      2010 explorer sport trac
      Well you will need a kit to mount and center either the 3300 or the 4300. The 3300 has a 5.8" screan while the 4300 has a full 7" screan. Also it has a few more features. If you dont need nav,I have a 7" magellen up on my dash,i would go with the 4300. They are both great units as is all of the pioneer line. Like I said,you will need a mounting kit and also a harness to wire it into your stock harness ....Hope this helps

8. STrac4me

STrac4me Active Member

City, State:
      Bonneau, South Carolina
      2007 Sport Trac Limited
      Thanks Mike....That helps. I have not been on in a while, so sorry for not answering any sooner. I am a Pioneer guy from way back. I love their line of automotive units (not much for their home stuff). I have a Garmin unit, but don't need navigation very often. I have a harness from my Generation 1 Sport Trac that I removed when I sold the truck. I would assume the Gen 1 and Gen 2 have the same adapter/harness. I had a Pioneer 700BT in that truck, but didn't want to go with a single DIN in this truck. I miss the blue tooth feature and having my phone connected with the H/U. I will be ordering very soon and the order comes with a harness and kit (free, but you pay for it).

Thanks again for the reply...

9. M L Cooper

M L Cooper New Member

City, State:
      Waldorf
      2007 Ford Sport Trac LTD
      I have a similar problem with the display on my factory installed radio on my 2007 Ford Sport Trac LTD. It has AM/FM/SIRIUS/CD. The display has been getting more and more faint over the years. Now it is un-readable. I wonder if it is possible to replace the Display panel. The system works fine and I am happy with the sound quality. Just looking for a way to correct the display. Any ideas? Also is there a replacement package that includes an integrated XM tuner like the original equipment?

10. mrcube07

mrcube07 New Member

City, State:
      Chicago
      2007 explorer sport trac
      Mine had the same issue , this video helped me MAKE SURE TO GET THE RIGHT SOLDER tho. This is the solder I used Micro Center - Computers and Electronics and this is the video that helped me out.

Its for a fusion BUT they have the same radio.

11. Carlf

Carlf Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Apopka, FL
      07 Sport Trac Limited 4WD
      MrCube05 and WillCall are correct.

This happened to me in my 2007 Fusion with the same Radio, 6 cd player. When the radio is on and playing, if you place your thumb on the middle of the display and apply some constant pressure (like 5 or 10 lbs.) it should slowly light back up...IF it's a solder issue, being in the heat after many years this can happens. The good thing is that this tells you that it WORKS! ... you have to pull it out of the dash and re-solder about 4 or 5 small resistors.... I did it and it's as good as new,,, It's not that hard if you are into that kind of thing.