2008 Mountaineer Engine Compartment Distribution panel | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Mountaineer Engine Compartment Distribution panel

mjc4502

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 police utility
Callsign
W8VPC
Hello,

i o\have a question about the fuse/relay distribution box under the hood. there open sections that do not have fuse holders installed. looking at the box, the open space is on the fender side.

i would like to know what would go in that spot and if so, is there a source to buy a fuse holder that would fit?

i'm in the process of installing several two - way radios and would like to be able to put the main fuse inside the box, making it look OEM.

i have owned 1994 explorer sport, 02 explorer xlt and now 08 mountaineer .

thanks
mjc

It depends, many may not be used at all in the vehicle and have no contacts in the slots since the harness is not supporting anything (box could be used in other makes/models and used). A few may have contacts and a fuse or relay to activate a post sales option. EG Trail Tow harness, brake controller

The cover has short indications of what each is for as does the info in the owners manual for active devices.

I figured out where the tow package is supposed to be if the vehicle was equipped.
I will continue to investigate. Right now the fuse is cable tied to the box.

Back