Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2010 Explorer Eddie Bauer edition, Nav System

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by Gemini061270, March 6, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Gemini061270

Gemini061270 New Member

City, State:
      New York
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2010 Explorer Eddie Bauer
      Hello All,

I am new here and looking for some feedback, I recently had a Ford 2000 explorer finally kicked the bucket with 247K on it. I just purchased a 2010 Explorer EB edition with Nav system which I never had before. Owned by old couple has 39K miles on it. The husband passed away, and I recently just purchased this and little confused with the Nav system . Does this require a subscription? I noticed everything works , connecting my phone, even the sirius radio works , Seems the navigation works but not sure if it needs updating(maps) and if that cost money. But if the whole system needs a subscription including the sirius I am wondering if its working because he had paid for the subscription not sure how long any of this will work up until. If I went on Syncmyride and put vin in to register with my info would it kill everything that is currently working?

Last edited: March 6, 2018
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. rmcalis

rmcalis Active Member

City, State:
      Collinsville, OK
      2016 Platinum; 2010 STA
      The Sirius will work until the current subscription expires or the previous user cancels it (to get a refund on unused subscription). The nav does not require a subscription, but you can purchase an update (more recent map data) from ford.navigation.com - costs $150. Registration at Syncmyride will not affect either.

4. Gemini061270

Gemini061270 New Member

City, State:
      New York
      Thank you for the response much appreciated

5. Gemini061270

Gemini061270 New Member

City, State:
      New York
      Found this on google, so before I proceed it does cost something too register syncmyride? Once your subscription has expired, you can log in to your Ford Owner account to purchase an additional 1-year subscription for $60.00. Each year includes 20 free Operator Assist sessions.