2010 Sport Trac lift options and snorkel | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2010 Sport Trac lift options and snorkel

Blackfang

Reaction score
City, State
Whiting, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Sport Trac XLT
Callsign
KD9GLW
Yeah I totaled the Ranger out and ended up with this. Any idea if there are lifts out there that are decently high but not stupidly stupid high(my girl is gonna kill me when she finds out that I'm trying to lift this thing...). Also looking for a snorkel if someone makes one. Otherwise I'm gonna have to fabricate one.
21272689_1383717318392221_7927177745370362905_o.jpg

Photo Info: Shot on Goose Island in Chicago Illinois. Chicago Terminal Tracks run down the middle of the streets on The Island, although many sections are abandoned. This section has a bunch of stored tank cars that are awaiting repairs since the CTRR has no more room in Elk Grove Village for storage.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The're pretty much a glorified grocery getter, not as bad as the next gen but pretty bad. the CV shafts running through the frame pretty much kill any chances for a decent lift. you can get a leveling kit from TRUXX or Rancho that's about it. Thats also what kills the load limit for the box, the IRS. I guess a guy could do some type of a body lift if he were really serious. As for a snorkel, I got a sneaking suspicion you will be building your own.

read the dozens and dozens of forum posts on here. you can do a Torsion twist lift.. 2 inch max. (have to get an alignment). or you can get strut spacers...2 inch max TRUXX /TRAXADA - same brand. (need an alignment puts extra stress on ball joints- not a big deal as long as your not off roading often. Cant lift the truck higher thn 2 inches because it is a split axle fram (or something like that) rear CVs go through the frame and if you lower or increase the ride height by 2.5 inchs or more youll get rub and start putting way to much stress on the CVs and they will break.

you can get a body lift but i think anything higher than 3 inchs (not entirely sure) you need to do a steering column extension... also the rear bumper is attached to the frame so when you body lift it gets a decent gap between the rear bumper and the tail gate. (if you care).

side note you can also get rancho quick lift struts but from i hear its not worth the price or the lift unlesss you get a deal. and its not suggested to combine the QL struts and the spacers because the QL struts are preloaded and it wont give you anymore lift. maybe .25 max.

as for a snorkle i have no deal. but the air intake on these things is really high up but they do have a ram air tube on the passenger side that goes down to the left side of the grille. take it for whats its worth. let me know if you find one.

side note you can also get rancho quick lift struts but from i hear its not worth the price or the lift unlesss you get a deal. and its not suggested to combine the QL struts and the spacers because the QL struts are preloaded and it wont give you anymore lift. maybe .25 max.

as for a snorkle i have no deal. but the air intake on these things is really high up but they do have a ram air tube on the passenger side that goes down to the left side of the grille. take it for whats its worth. let me know if you find one.

If I have to I can attempt to fabricate one myself, which is looking that way more and more every day....

some users on here have even done a SAS (solid axle swap) i have no idea on the details, alot of the good post with pictures have lost the ability to view the photos. i have even heard of people doing a differential drop. the main issue here is the front Upper control arms clearing the tires and the rear CVS hittting the frame. good luck and keep us posted.

some users on here have even done a SAS (solid axle swap) i have no idea on the details, alot of the good post with pictures have lost the ability to view the photos. i have even heard of people doing a differential drop. the main issue here is the front Upper control arms clearing the tires and the rear CVS hittting the frame. good luck and keep us posted.

It sounds expensive af but you have peaked my curiosity and interest into looking into this

Back