Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2011-2015 Police Utility Forscan Settings

Discussion in 'Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU' started by Trader0000, January 10, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. KayGee

KayGee Active Member

City, State:
      Farmington, MI
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '16 & '17 PIU
      That sounds like what I was seeing - settings seemed to indicate DRLS were disabled but they were not. I was trying to set mine up for IPC control but was unable to find the right combination of changes to make that happen. I may just do the manual disable as long as it doesn't throw DTCs.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Graves

Graves New Member

2016 Ford PI Utility
      I was fortunate to have one 16 without DRL’s, so I just compared the as builts for differences and started there. It is interesting that the second one I reprogramed didn’t throw a code like the first, but then again one of my mechanics was fiddling with the left headlamp assy. trying to disable the DRL’s mechanically. Maybe he screwed something up in the process, won’t know until I get the second vehicle back from the dealer to see if I can get the code to set.

4. kobresia

kobresia New Member

City, State:
      Black Hawk
      2013 PI Utility
      Ahh, okay.

With one is working as it's supposed to and the other three refusing to delete the DRLs, despite displaying they're deleted (which they probably were from the factory), and also throwing other errors, sounds to me like you might have a case for the BCMs being defective. That would assume there isn't some other defect in the vehicle such as a bad ground somewhere, or a problem with something a 3rd-party upfitter might have done.

I'm guessing it's a pretty big hassle to have to deal with the Engineering folks, how much would you lose if you restored the vehicles to their factory as-built settings, then took them to a dealership to repair under warranty when they can't get them working properly or to stop throwing errors? As long as they don't charge you hourly to fool with something that clearly is not functioning as it theoretically should, and may be outright defective, seems to me that they should be the ones banging their heads on the wall.

Bottom line, I highly doubt it's something you did through IDS causing the problem, I'd go with a Ford defect or upfitter-caused issue.

5. Graves

Graves New Member

2016 Ford PI Utility
      The problem is that the dealer is where I started in this process, they couldn't help. Our fleet is Ford heavy so justifying the cost of the IDS was a no brainier. The cops wanted the lights off, so I found a way to accommodate. Now they want the ability to completely black out the whole car, including tail/brake lights, guess I'll be familiarizing myself with the Whelen Cencom Sapphire system now.

Last edited: February 9, 2018
    6. Inane222

Inane222 Member

2017 Ford PIU Eco
      Graves,

When I tackled the MFT mod back in 2016, I used the popular F150 site and a Fusion site for information to bring me up to speed on the mod itself and FORSCAN. I was looking back over the Fusion spreadsheet and it has a decent little chunk of info about DRL's. It sounds like you have yours disabled already but thought I'd share:

2GFusions - Ford As-Built Data Mods (DanMc85)

Also, check out pages 7-8 of this brochure:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/resource...ptor Utility New Product Updates 10-10-16.pdf

It shows with Dark Car / Silent Car enabled, you can turn off the DRL's. The other thread shows how to enable dark / silent car with Forscan.

Last edited: February 8, 2018