• Register Today It's free!

2011 Explorer Bluetooth Noise

DMesk

Reaction score
City, State
Peoria IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Limited
Anyone use the Bluetooth for calls at highway speeds? The people I call complain about background noise. Very loud. Some hang up. Seems to work ok around town. I have left myself voice mail and it is very loud. I have had the car 10 days and drove my first 1000 miles. Nice ride. Gas mileage is 21-22 on the hwy 72 mph . Limited AWD sync gen2 2.7 Hopefully sync upgrade will address bluetooth background noise. Waiting for Sync 2.10 or 2.11 :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What kind of phone do you have? I have a DEFY (Android) and when I got the truck I had v2.1 and the call quality was very good. On a recent upgrade to v2.2.1 I am told that I sound like I am in a wind tunnel all the time, even with all widows up...

Blackberry Tour

I have same noise problem with LG Ally. MFT v2.8

DMesk, Bill1234, and Pretzelfish,

Have you tried contacting the SYNC Support Team? You can call them at 1-800-392-3673 (Option 1 then 3) so they can help troubleshoot / isolate the concern and help determine the best next steps. Please let me know if there are any other questions / concerns you would like help with!

Cory

Yes

I did contact CS,They told me to do a master reset for sync, and phone. Did that and a fresh pairing with phone. Still the same. I also called dealer service. I have 2.7 sync but after hearing about 1 update per customer I am going to wait to update sync untill I hear the update addresses the noise problem. 2.8 does not according to cs

I am hearing the same complaints about the sound on my side of the phone. This is really disappointing to me as I make a lot of business calls on the road and it is terrible when clients cant hear me well.

I have been called by a friend in a BMW using handsfree and it is like you are in the car. Someone at Ford blew this assignment.

I'm using a Blackberry Pearl.

One of the reasons I bought a new car was for the hands free. Hopefully if enough people complain they will fix. I do think its in every Explorer. Its worse at highway speeds and whatever elese increases road noise. I also think the voice commands would work better if the background noise was fixed.

Today I called my other cell phone to listen to the background noise. It actually fades away as you talk. comes back when you dont talk, When I tapped on the microphone the background noise would disappear completely for 15 seconds or so. Work fine for a bit then slowly come back. Not sure what it means.

Any one have dealer install update code # 110418, Sync CS says this solves the wind noise issue in the 2011 Explorer?

Did the update work? Do you have any more info about how it was installed? Was it provided by Sync or Ford?

One of the reasons I bought a new car was for the hands free. Hopefully if enough people complain they will fix. I do think its in every Explorer. Its worse at highway speeds and whatever elese increases road noise. I also think the voice commands would work better if the background noise was fixed.
maybe the problem is your phone? Have you tried pairing a different phone to see if the results are the same?

My iPhone 3gs is clear as can be and I have had people tell me the call quality is as good as my landline, even at 65mph+.

I think I have v2.7 at this point.

My calls have been very clear. No problems here and I have two Samsung phones paired.

It is good to hear there are phones that work. I have tried a LG 610 mystic that has the same noise issue as the Blackberry. Hopefully it is something that can be repiared with software.

Calls on this end are crystal.

iPhone 4 here and 2.7 and I've been told I sound like I'm in a hurricane so yet another one that is wah waaaah. :mad:

Ford says 110418 is the 2.8 upgrade which I got and funny how my problem started after the 2.8 upgrade, now dealer thinks the A pillars are leaking air at high speeds, going to tape them and go for a ride this week, we shall see what that solves.

Has anyone solved the Bluetooth issue? I have a Droid X and a Droid connected to the Bluetooth and the sound is horrible!!!! I love this Explorer and have no other issues, but it really sounds like you are in a wind tunnel....

Has anyone solved the Bluetooth issue? I have a Droid X and a Droid connected to the Bluetooth and the sound is horrible!!!! I love this Explorer and have no other issues, but it really sounds like you are in a wind tunnel....

I have a Droid X and my sound is ok.

\

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

iphone 4 and sync version 2.8 calls were excellent and going down the freeway at around 75mph... um I mean 65mph

Back