2011 Explorer Bluetooth Noise | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 Explorer Bluetooth Noise

Got an iPhone 4s for Christmas...same noise...high speed only.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wonder how many of you have been given the Canadian update?
When I go into the scan list it comes up with the 10 Canadian Stations.

Just part of the last update. At least for now it seems to be working with an occassional reboot.

I have one friend who says he cannot hear me on the Bluetooth so I turn it off and use the speaker phone.

I don't get it. Did these idiot engineers ever drive one of these? Designs and real life are just not the same.

I am thinking about replacing my other car with a Linc. MKZ but not until they figure this out. If they don't off to another brand.. Lets go back to the mirror microphone(s) and drive the thing out of the office and see if it works well.
:usa:

I wonder how many of you have been given the Canadian update?
When I go into the scan list it comes up with the 10 Canadian Stations.

For whatever reason, when you go to the guide, it starts at the bottom of the list. The bottom of the list are the Canadian stations...just scroll up and you should see the others. It only seems to do this after a reboot.

Let us know if it worked for you!

Here is my latest thought regarding the bluetooth. The 2.11 software is fairly quick but still has a slight delay. Seems like noise canaclelling software would need to work in real time or as close to it as possible. Hit bump going down the road and the noise cancellation takes place a half second to late. So it make it non effective. Needs to be quicker. . The other thing I wonder is how many people have MFT and noise. Is it MFT slowing things down?

I just got my new 2012 explorer that I had built. I have this same problem. I can't even talk to my wife on the bluetooth! she does not want to talk to me when i'm driving my new explorer! I traded in a 2010 toyota hybrid highlander and people had no idea that i was in my highlander when i was talking to them with my bluetooth.....and the highlander was a rattle box! ???????????

Don:
Good luck getting it fixed. Customer service at Ford wants me to take mine in and leave it for a week or however long it takes. Which they want to replace it with a small rental?? My dealer maint. tech says they have already tried eveything when I left it with them before and it would just sit there until ford engineering comes up with something. Haven't heard a word. Almost given up on a fix. Ford customer service thinks its my car specific but as you can see that is not true. Even my dealer said they tested the two other explorers on the lot and same problem. If they fix it please repost. Thanks

What version of sync do you have? What phone? MFT? The only hope is that the new software will work. Try pairing differently. Talk from the parking lot when your not moving. It works good then and its safer.

Hey everyone,

In case you missed my earlier post, I can help by forwarding the details to the Customer Service Manager in your area. If you haven’t already, please send a PM with your contact information, VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name/state.

Cory

Hi Everyone, new member here. The reason I'm on here is I'm thinking about getting a 2013 Limited Explorer. I am now driving a 2011 Escape Limited which I bought new in March 2011. My bluetooth does the same thing, sounds like you are in a wind tunnel, I have tried two different I-Phones and an LG phone they all sound the same, so it isn't just an Explorer problem. I do have the latest Sync software update.

I read an official Ford press release type of thing regarding MFT that said that the noise and echo cancellation performance has been improved in the big update. Here's to hoping they got it right this time. If I find it again, I'll post the link.

Okay, found it:

MFT Update Public Announcement

And where I found it:

MyFord Touch | Software Update

Just discovered I have this problem in my 2012 Limited using an iPhone 4. My end is crystal clear but whoever I am speaking with complains about the wind tunnel effect. Almost believe it could be an issue where mic is mounted and it is picking up external wind noise flowing over the body. Maybe some sound insulation behind the mic may cure it. Dont know but an idea at least.

Slim,

If you go back through this thread, you willl see the mic issue discussed at length--position, padding, etc. The consensus seems to be that it is more related to the MFT operation. Enough folks have tried different phones to pretty much rule that out as the culprit.

What flaguy said.

Same here...Only issues I'm having so far are the wind noise with bluetooth and the passenger door alignment. Hoping Ford comes up with a documented fix for both!

I also have a 2010 fusion, and the speaker for sync is on the rearview mirror. No wind noise at that location :)

Is there an update on this. I always have people telling me how bad the sound quality is due to wind noise, but finally experienced it today when my wife called me from the car. Is there a fix, or will Ford look at me cross eyed if I take it in to them.

I don't think the dealer can be any help. They know as much as we do about the problem and Ford has not delivered on a fix as of yet. We've been hearing that the MFT update will arrive in late March or early April. Who knows if it will even fix this issue. The reports are that it will improve the speed and appearance. I much more interested in making the bluetooth work as it does in other vehicles.

In my post, #190, I put some links that indicate that the miracle update (hoping) will specifically address, among other things, the bluetooth sound quality and noise cancellation.

I just hope that addressing the problem leads to fixing the problem

Cheap mic, bad placement.....doubt the MFT update fixes it....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Might help alittle but I think the TSB for rain noise which fills up the cavity with foam will help more. Just my thoughts.

Back