2011 ford explorer - 2011 expedition???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 ford explorer - 2011 expedition????

Finch

Reaction score
City, State
Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited loaded
So i was wondering if anyone has heard if maybe the new explorer style will make its way over to the Expedition??

The Expedition is my next logical move if it does, as the family will out grow this new EX in a few years.. I hope they re make the Expedition in the same manor as the explorer, except i think they would have to keep it RWD(4x4) and have the 3.5Ecco or 6.2L standard..

The current expedition does not interest me at all, too large and underpowered, i would take the QX56(2011) over it, but who can afford it??lol

Fo that matter is ther any rumors on the lincoln geting the new body style ?? The navigator is pretty much a dinosaur..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It seems both Ford and GM are in a holding pattern with their large, truck based SUV's. Plans for redesign were shelved after the last major fuel hikes a couple years ago.
I for one would love to see a new Expedition using the same Ecoboost now being offered in the F150. I mean, how hard can it be? Just take the F150 and add the back to make an Expedition. Respectable MPGs, towing capacity, cargo space and a real third row for adults. Sounds like a winner to me.
:thumbsup:

Yep thats all Toyota does with the Sequoia.. they stretch the Tundra loads of room, good engine(power), crappy MPG's though..

I have a Sequoia now and its ok but with only one baby we though to downsize a bit they move back into the large SUV later foir child #2.. Got a good deal on the toyota(was the father inlaws), plus if i sell it now, i can almost pay for the new EX with it.. (people love to pay big bucks for those toyotas..lol)

THe Escalade is still making big bucks for GM, it should the darn thig almost costs $90k..lol

I've considered the Sequoia but the mileage just kills it for me. As for the Escalade, who would pay $80-90K for an SUV that you have to remove the third row seat to maximize cargo space? :rolleyes:
For its overall size the Infiniti doesn't have great cargo space or a good size third row and I'm not into the whole 22 inch wheel thing on a truck...

Don't suggest such things! Ford may be watching - Expedition needs RWD, some dual Ford 9"s and 33"s stock.
But that Eco with 400+ ft-lbs torque wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

2 Kids and an expedition is needed? I think your explorer will be fine to serve you once your second kid comes around.

2 Kids and an expedition is needed? I think your explorer will be fine to serve you once your second kid comes around.

I have two kids and I would have a car if it weren't for the two sets of hockey (goalie) gear.

I would love to be able to get back to a nice car but where we live it just doesn't work,, Canada..lol
Well i hope the new explorer is a good size when it does show up and who knows maybe it will be all we need..
I was just thinking that the Expedition is in need of a makeover, as bad as the Explorer was..

I would love to be able to get back to a nice car but where we live it just doesn't work,, Canada..lol
Well i hope the new explorer is a good size when it does show up and who knows maybe it will be all we need..
I was just thinking that the Expedition is in need of a makeover, as bad as the Explorer was..

Some of Canada is south of me ;) I just think that for the five times/year I "need" 4WD...I could get a car. I almost ordered my EX in FWD since its there...but I couldn't do it. A car can be 2wd, but I can't do it in the EX.

Back