2011 Ford Explorer Water Retention in Doors | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 Ford Explorer Water Retention in Doors

Hi,

Just came back to the forum as this same water issue is one I am having in my driver side door. Living on the "Wet" coast it has become a real pain in that water pours on one's feet and I am now starting to see slight corrosion along the bottom of the door. :(

Wondering if one of the Ford folks could let me know how to get in touch with an area service manager for a Canadian customer? I am located in Vancouver, British Columbia.

Will be taking my truck to the dealer as this issue is getting a bit ridiculous but just figure I'd be proactive.

Does anyone have a comment as to what the actual fix was/is??

Thanks!!!
The link for the Canadian reps (FordServiceCA) is; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=233337
When you PM, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership in your message.

Are the drain holes clear of debris?

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are the drain holes clear of debris?

Peter

Thanks Peter for the service info! :)

The water actually isn't 'in' the door but it gathers when the door is closed between the bottom of the door and the body of the vehicle. If we get a heavy rain there can be quite a bit in there.

If you look at the video for the original post in this thread you can see a bit better.

HI,

i have this issue since a few weeks.... maybe someone have a idea (or a TSB link) how i could solve this by myself? :)

HI,

i have this issue since a few weeks.... maybe someone have a idea (or a TSB link) how i could solve this by myself? :)
There is no TSB for this. Are the drains clear/clean?

After a first look, then look good.... But i have time on Saturday to check it exactly....
If you have more hints, what i can do then... Tell me

Thank you

After a first look, then look good.... But i have time on Saturday to check it exactly....
If you have more hints, what i can do then... Tell me

Thank you
The only reason I can see for water staying in the doors would be blocked drains.

^^ what he said.

If you are retaining water, you have a clogged drain

Back