2013 Explorer Sport Ordered | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Sport Ordered

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can say that again.....good luck to all. Now if Magnaflow exhaust would hurry up and release the exhaust they have in development for it (PN 15218)...I've been drooling over it every time I go to their website.

Adam did you see a write up pn thos exhaust? what made the exhaust appealing to you? Performance? Sound ? Look? All 3? Their website said should be available 2-14. This is explorer is going to be primarily the wife's car so more Hp, sound of exhaust, or aesthetics is going to b a tough sell for me! Let us know when you get it, I'll live vicariously through you

This too is also for my wife. I will be taking her Acadia for my daily vehicle.
We are doing the exhaust really for 2 reasons. Sound and small power increase. I have talked with the guys at Paul's high Performane in Jackson, Mi and will be taking it there. They will be doing a custom tune on the Dyno, air intake, and:us their Taper Bore Throttle body along with installing the exhaust. I also plan on replacing the sway-bar bushings with ST polyurethane units. When it's done I'll send along the Dyno graph. I can't wait!

Picked up my Sport today....absolutely love it. Put a quick 300 miles on it today. Love the turbo....it will be hard to ever go backwards engine wise. I hope to get some pictures tomorrow. If I can answer any questions let me know. PS. Zero hiccups with MFT and trust me I was hitting all sorts of combos of buttons figuring it out.

tgunn_ocs....Congratulations! Good to hear you got it. I can't wait to see the pictures. I must be having a brain fart or something but, what is the MFT?

Adam haha we get new to us hand me downs, I'm getting my 4 door Tacoma back :) which the wife got when we had kids. That's awesome tgunn!

Adam haha we get new to us hand me downs, I'm getting my 4 door Tacoma back :) which the wife got when we had kids. That's awesome tgunn!

What's up with that? Ha. The only good news is the Explorer will be mine when the redesign GMC Yukon Denali becomes available. How I do wish ford would redesign the Expedition XL and Navigator.

MFT is My Ford Touch.....still hassle free....already have 500+ miles.....been a busy weekend....

I promise to get pics up when the weather cooperates.

I did read a few negative reviews about the MFT when it was first released. I then read after update bugs were fixed. Glad to hear its working well.

Just waitin' for the Sport to come in

We ordered our Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport late on Monday Jan 7, and have been on edge (no pun intended) ever since.

Called the dealer yesterday for some info to send to Crystal, but the waiting is rough.

We waited 8 weeks for our Superduty and I don't remember it being this bad.

Read all the reviews, watched all the ecoboost and Ex vids online. Finally have a VIN. Hopefully it will only be the 6 weeks the dealer estimated.

Thanks for all the great stuff this site has to offer. It is great to read all the things going on in here with orders and experiences, etc. Really helps pass the time and we've learned a lot of great stuff, too.

Very nice! You got the vin already! What's your build date? Mine is supposed to be feb 4th, placed our just before Christmas so with the holidays out order probably went in the same time. Our eta is feb 17th

Sport explorer.....Good to hear about your Sport. I placed my order on Nov 30, 2012 and still waiting on a VIN and build date.

They accepted the order but gave no build date or van.

Waiting is torture

Crystal,

I sent you a PM. We ordered or Sport on December 17th, but still no vin or delivery date. Can you help?

I will be heading to the dealers around Pittsburgh this weekend to hopefully place an order. Not looking forward to the 2-3 month wait for a Sport. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Almost halfway to our Sport

We heard from Cory yesterday that our Sport is right on schedule with an eta of Feb 18. This is exactly 6 weeks, as the dealer said when we ordered it. Maybe it helps that this is the fifth truck we've bought from them over the years. Two Broncos and two F350 Crew cab diesels. They were very good to deal with and have an AWESOME service department. Berge Ford in Mesa, AZ.
We have a vin, no build date, but delivery expected in late Feb for all of you watching factory lead times.
The waiting is a bummer. But hard to complain, it has been 85 out here in Phoenix.

We ordered the truck black, with black interior, loaded except for the 'sunroof' and the adaptive cruise. Have the tow package to pull our Trailmanor 2720SL. Great little rig at 3500 lbs.

But the real reason for the Explorer is of course......the (3) dogs. The wife is tired of trying to cart them around in her BMW Z4. Now you should see that!!

Scott

Back