2013 Interceptors - Notice the engine displacement on the Ex (for those who don't kno | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Interceptors - Notice the engine displacement on the Ex (for those who don't kno

LeFurg

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Fusion SE

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They should make them available for civvies, the custom costs could be defrayed over a larger units produced. Lot's of customers covet "tactical" looks.

Yes, I have driven both the Interceptor Utility and the Sedan. They are by far the finest 2013 Police vehicles today.

The 2013 Dodge Charger is nice but they are having too many brake failures and they boiled the brake fluid at this years car test in California.

The 2013 Chev Caprice is also nice but its built in Austrailia so many agencies cant buy it due to NAFTA tarrifs making it too expensive. They are also only offerring a 6.2L V8 to start with a V6 coming later, that rules it out for many as well.

The 3.7L in the Utility (Explorer) is much quicker off the line then ours, and given the way its been programmed to hold the revs higher before shifting to the higher gear makes it seem so much quicker.

They have done a superior job mitigating the torque steer, and the handling of the Utility is almost at par with the sedan. I wouldnt have beleived that until I drove them but its true. The brake systems are superior as well, so good infact that the same components were moved over to the retail Taurus SHO Performance Package.

Its a credit to the drivetrain Engineers Ford has working on not only the Police Program but the entire Explorer platform.

If anyone is working in Government positions you qualify to attend any of the 2012 Ford Customer Drive Immersion sessions.

I highly recomend it.

For someone who drives a retail Explorer daily it is a real experience to then try the Interceptor version.

Check it out here;

http://www.ford.com/fordpoliceinterceptor/#/tourdates

Nothing against cops, but I don't like the looks of those new unmarkeds... Some of them are just way too hard to tell unless you're real close... Which sucks for me cause I like to drive slighty faster than most of the other people I drive past...

Yes, I have driven both the Interceptor Utility and the Sedan. They are by far the finest 2013 Police vehicles today.

The 2013 Dodge Charger is nice but they are having too many brake failures and they boiled the brake fluid at this years car test in California.

The 2013 Chev Caprice is also nice but its built in Austrailia so many agencies cant buy it due to NAFTA tarrifs making it too expensive. They are also only offerring a 6.2L V8 to start with a V6 coming later, that rules it out for many as well.

The 3.7L in the Utility (Explorer) is much quicker off the line then ours, and given the way its been programmed to hold the revs higher before shifting to the higher gear makes it seem so much quicker.

They have done a superior job mitigating the torque steer, and the handling of the Utility is almost at par with the sedan. I wouldnt have beleived that until I drove them but its true. The brake systems are superior as well, so good infact that the same components were moved over to the retail Taurus SHO Performance Package.

Its a credit to the drivetrain Engineers Ford has working on not only the Police Program but the entire Explorer platform.

If anyone is working in Government positions you qualify to attend any of the 2012 Ford Customer Drive Immersion sessions.

I highly recomend it.

For someone who drives a retail Explorer daily it is a real experience to then try the Interceptor version.

Check it out here;

http://www.ford.com/fordpoliceinterceptor/#/tourdates
Now if only they would offer the Ecoboost 6 in the Explorer, only thing that held me back from buying. I know in the Edges, the 3.7 Sport is actually no quicker, sometimes in test a lil slower lol, then the 3.5 fwd Edge... that awd and heavy 22's negates any power advantage lol.

Back