Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2013 piu headlight pattern missing middle of the road

Discussion in 'Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility PIU' started by FutureOwner, December 25, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. FutureOwner

FutureOwner New Member

City, State:
      Panama City Florida
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2011 Audi S4
      Hey everyone , so I picked up a 2013 piu a couple weeks ago. Came with the push bar and 2 a pillar spot lights. The headlights pattern is terrible. It has a center “v” missing in the middle of the road. I’ve adjusted up and down and it does not help either way. I thought the push bar was to blame so I removed it. But it didn’t help any. Anyone have an idea of what’s to blame here?
      https://i.imgur.com/BENPxbO.jpg

Last edited: December 25, 2017
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. thefranchise713

thefranchise713 Active Member

City, State:
      Buffalo, NY
      '17 Explorer Limited 4WD
      Looks like someone jammed HIDs into a place where they didn't belong. Replace the proper halogens... not sure what the spec on 2013 was off hand.

4. FutureOwner

FutureOwner New Member

City, State:
      Panama City Florida
      2011 Audi S4
      I installed a hid kit. However it is the proper 9005 kit. The bulbs are seated properly. The pattern was like this with the halogens before. I hoped the new bulbs would fix.

5. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      Is it the same on Hi and Lo? Almost looks like your vehicle is cross-eyed.;) I wonder if the previous owner may have done something to damage the projectors. Might be an idea to take it to a shop that has experience in automotive lighting.
      Also, it would be a good idea to add the 2013 PIU to your profile so it appears in the margin. You can add the Audi to a signature if you still have it as well. Thanks.

Peter