2013 piu headlight pattern missing middle of the road | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 piu headlight pattern missing middle of the road

FutureOwner

Reaction score
City, State
Panama City Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Audi S4
Hey everyone , so I picked up a 2013 piu a couple weeks ago. Came with the push bar and 2 a pillar spot lights. The headlights pattern is terrible. It has a center “v” missing in the middle of the road. I’ve adjusted up and down and it does not help either way. I thought the push bar was to blame so I removed it. But it didn’t help any. Anyone have an idea of what’s to blame here?
https://i.imgur.com/BENPxbO.jpg

Looks like someone jammed HIDs into a place where they didn't belong. Replace the proper halogens... not sure what the spec on 2013 was off hand.

I installed a hid kit. However it is the proper 9005 kit. The bulbs are seated properly. The pattern was like this with the halogens before. I hoped the new bulbs would fix.

Is it the same on Hi and Lo? Almost looks like your vehicle is cross-eyed.;) I wonder if the previous owner may have done something to damage the projectors. Might be an idea to take it to a shop that has experience in automotive lighting.
Also, it would be a good idea to add the 2013 PIU to your profile so it appears in the margin. You can add the Audi to a signature if you still have it as well. Thanks.

Peter

Back