2014 Ford Explorer PIU Service/Haynes Manual | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Ford Explorer PIU Service/Haynes Manual

CommandPresence

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer XLT 3.5L NA
Looking for either an online download or paperback PIU shop manual. Specifically timing cover gasket replacement on the 3.7l. Has anyone seen alldata or any other publications for repair guides on the PIU? I am only finding the civilian model manuals.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the 2017 MY workshop manual in CD form straight from Helm.

The PI Utility and the Explorer come on the same disc and the materials are merged together. 3.7L NA materials are right with the other civilian engines...

This site is a little weird, to me anyway, on how you use it ... But they have service manuals for most Ford and all other vehicles. Check out or and see if it may be any help...

If you google 2014 explorer service manual it's available online, or a lot of them are available used cheap on ebay in paper form now. PIU is covered in the normal explorer manuals, there's a 3.7 VCTI section or police equipped section in all the manuals I've used (I have the factory wiring guide paper copy and the explorer service manual download)

This site is a little weird, to me anyway, on how you use it ... But they have service manuals for most Ford and all other vehicles. Check out or and see if it may be any help...
The info may help others coming across this thread but as for the OP and the replying member, they haven't been seen for 4 years. ;)

Peter

Thanks! Yeah the site is a bit different, currently trying to d/l one of their zips and doesn't show the size of the file, then shows download complete, then can't open that zip file! Weird, the zip file header starts out with the HTML from the download page in it, not sure if it's usable without some monkey business cutting code out, or not.

Tried a different vehicle's zip download. Same thing, not a usable zip file.

They also have a torrent but it looks like just a complete site and database image, not individual vehicle data per se.

Edit: I was using WinRar and getting the errors. Tried again using 7-Zip and it worked fine to extract the downloaded zip files. Next I zipped them back up using winrar and can now be extracted using any conventional method.

Back