Climate turning off and on and constant beeping | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Climate turning off and on and constant beeping

SHaFT7

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited
Today my 60k 2014 limited started doing something strange: The climate will turn on and off all by itself, as in the entire climate system. And it'll keep doing it, beeping every half second with the on or off and driving me crazy. I used the age old trick of banging on the console and that fixed it a couple of times, but it's still doing it. If i try to turn it off/on from the touchscreen, it'll respond, but immediately go back to going on/off. Luckily, I can force turn off the A/C and that part sticks so it's not cycling the compressor.

It's like the physical on/off touch button is being repeatedly pushed. I cleaned it off to make sure it wasn't being triggered by something capacitive. I almost never use those buttons anyway, as I keep the climate on auto 98% of the time.

Anyone ever seen this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sorry for the late response. I was running on 3.06. I updated to 3.10 here on the forum and the climate problem hasn't returned so far.

Recently my climate has been turning on by itself and the fan increase to full speed. The select indicating noise continues to chime while the fan speed increases as if I'm pressing the display. This goes on for approx. 2- 4 minutes before starting again a short time later. I tried pulling the battery but it still happens. Any advice would be appreciated.

Today my 60k 2014 limited started doing something strange: The climate will turn on and off all by itself, as in the entire climate system. And it'll keep doing it, beeping every half second with the on or off and driving me crazy. I used the age old trick of banging on the console and that fixed it a couple of times, but it's still doing it. If i try to turn it off/on from the touchscreen, it'll respond, but immediately go back to going on/off. Luckily, I can force turn off the A/C and that part sticks so it's not cycling the compressor.

It's like the physical on/off touch button is being repeatedly pushed. I cleaned it off to make sure it wasn't being triggered by something capacitive. I almost never use those buttons anyway, as I keep the climate on auto 98% of the time.

Anyone ever seen this?
I have the same problem. Did you find a solution ?

Go to your Ford account and check to see if there is an update available. What version are you on? You could also try doing a Master Reset but that could result in the loss of some saved memory settings.

Peter

Go to your Ford account and check to see if there is an update available. What version are you on? You could also try doing a Master Reset but that could result in the loss of some saved memory settings.

Peter
I did the update and the problem is still happening. I also did a rest through the menu and still nothing.

I did the update and the problem is still happening. I also did a rest through the menu and still nothing.
I am having this issue now. Any resolution?

I am having this issue now. Any resolution?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Are you running the latest software version? That seemed to help one member. Also, I don't know if the member you quoted is still following the thread. Last seen here December 5, 2020.

Peter

I test drove an Explorer (not mine) and it would start beeping as soon as the car was started. I believe the issue was related to the touch control panel malfunctioning. It was basically bugging out as if the buttons were being pressed over and over. I know in the later years they got rid of the touch controls and went with physical buttons. I think that began in 2016

I have a 2013 and I try to keep my touch panel clean. Try some rubbing alcohol but dont press down hard. Could be something stuck on the screen

My 2014 sport just started doing the same thing. Has anyone with this issue found out what is causing this?

The fan controls automatically lower themselves and the beeping noise goes on over and over.

Thanks

Gotta a buddy working on the car now.

When I first start the car it’s fine and after sometime you see the fan going down one at a time itself until it gets to the lowest setting and the beeping keeps going like someone is pushing the buttons. Then it stops on it’s own and starts again.

My turbos are shot now also, gotta leak coming from the front. I’ve also been through two electric steering racks. Wife is as lucky she didn’t crash when driving down the expressway and out of the blue total lose of power steering.

Back