2014 Sport replacement tires? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Sport replacement tires?

I need to replace the tires on my 2014 Sport. They currently have the original Hankook Optimo tires. I run dedicated snow tires in the winter, FYI. I'm looking for something that is smooth, quiet and has good tread life. Rain and very light snow performance is important, too. Smooth, quiet and performance in rain would be my order of importance.

I am considering the Bridgestone Alenza Plus; the Bridgestone Ecopia 422's and the Michelin Premier tires.

Anyone have experience with any of these?

Thanks,
Shumax

Amazing to me that this portion of the forum is THAT slow. Wow.

So, I landed on the Michelin Premier LTX tires. I did upgrade to 265/50/20. I got them installed at Firestone for $1,050 out the door. Research it - that's a great price!

I am VERY in tune to the installation and these guys allow me to hang out and watch. So, I had Road Force figures of 4, 4, 5 and 7. The largest weight calling was 2.75oz. Most were much less. Had the alignment checked and it was fine.

Took off down the road and they are smooth and quiet. It's only been 40 miles, so I will report back. However, I am happy with I experienced so far. One thing did stand out - stock tread is 9/32. The Bridgestone's were 12/32. So, the warranty is 60k on the Michelin's. I will be interested to see how they wear over time.

Happy with the purchase and hope it helps others'!

Shumax

Yeah, seems like most people stay in the generation section nowadays.
If you want, I can move this into the 2011-17 section.

Back