• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer computer mods

Medic531

Reaction score
City, State
Moore, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer 4x4 XLT
I noticed the PI Utility models have Engine Idle Hours, digital speedometer ect. Can a ford dealer enable those features on a civilian explorer by any chance? I think this has been mentioned before on here but I cant find that thread anymore.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I noticed the PI Utility models have Engine Idle Hours, digital speedometer ect. Can a ford dealer enable those features on a civilian explorer by any chance? I think this has been mentioned before on here but I cant find that thread anymore.

Check our forscan forum.

Engine Idle Hours can be added, but I think Digital Speedo required a firmware upgrade on the cluster as opposed to the reconfiguration that Engine Idle was.

Engine Idle Hours can be added, but I think Digital Speedo required a firmware upgrade on the cluster as opposed to the reconfiguration that Engine Idle was.

I wonder if ford dealers would be willing/able to do this.

Hi. Have you got digital speedometer on your 2015 explorer?

Back