How to: - 2016 Explorer- Adding Remote Start Facts | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: 2016 Explorer- Adding Remote Start Facts

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Yes, what you said.

I know the dealer has to activate it, just wondered if I needed it for anything else during installation. I may get one eventually anyway just for some of the nice tricks I've read people adjust with it (double honk!).

Do you have the Ford Installation guide for the VSS/RMU?......if not send me PM with your email and I will send it to you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Right now I'm off to watch a Stanley Cup game on TV plus the lowly and very last place Toronto Blue Jays.:D

Peter

Rangers Fan, Peter?:chug:

Rangers Fan, Peter?:chug:
Sorry to disappoint but actually a Senators fan. The hockey Senators that is. ;) They don't play until tomorrow afternoon. Just interested in seeing how the Canadiens will do against the Rangers. So far they seem to be fairly even.

Do you have the Ford Installation guide for the VSS/RMU?......if not send me PM with your email and I will send it to you
The part (both parts) on the Tasca Parts website show in the picture all that's included and the instruction manuals are with them so I'm assuming they'll be included. If not, I'll contact you. Thanks though!

I just got my parts from Tasca - the VSS, RMU, and LED light. All in all, it looks simple enough but what I thought was an installation manual for the parts in the pictures were actually just Owners Manuals telling how to operate the device and adjust the alarm/vibration sensitivity. So, if you're still able, I guess I could use your install instructions for the VSS and RMU after all! I'm sure I can figure out how to install the LED!!

Now I just need to figure out how to Private Message you! Thanks in advance!

Can someone shed some light on a small issue I have with RMU.. I have recently traveled for a few days and left my 15 sport with RMU installed at the local airport.
Upon return to the airport while I was waiting luggage i tried to start my truck with the RMU. I received an error that my truck was sleeping and a little car with Zzzzzzz was on top of phone display. It said I had to schedule a wake up event or cycle the ignition key to wake it up. OK SOOO if I have to cycle the key then it is a useless gig..!! How do I schedule a wake up event? there isnt one on the RMU application.

can anyone tell me if you have experienced this with the RMU?

Settings, then under vehicles click the info icon next to your vehicle name.

Sorry to resurrect this ole thread.. What is required to "activate" the cellular (RMU) that the Dealer has to do? Do dealers typically activate for free or charge an hourly fee to do so?

Just purchased and received my Ford Explorer Remote Start System - Cellular Access Kit Special, from Levittown Ford. Couldn't beat the price they had. Could I please get a set of those install instructions as well? I will attempt to install these myself, and then contact Levittown to have them activate it remotely for me. Thanks.

Just purchased my kits too and could use the instructions

A question about the RMU yearly service fee.
If I buy an RMU from one of the dealers mentioned that take care of activating it for you after the sale, who does one pay the $50 fee to? And how are yearly renewals handed?

Just purchased and received my Ford Explorer Remote Start System - Cellular Access Kit Special, from Levittown Ford. Couldn't beat the price they had. Could I please get a set of those install instructions as well? I will attempt to install these myself, and then contact Levittown to have them activate it remotely for me. Thanks.

Considering you bought it from a Ford dealer, just ask the place you bought it from for the instructions.

Ok help, I installed the kits into my 16 Limited with no problems but the sim card has no PIN number on it. Am I correct thinking this comes from Ford dealership when they set up the account on something called "IDS"? I stopped by my dealership and they said I can do it all from the ford website. Without the 4 digit pin I am stuck.

Ok help, I installed the kits into my 16 Limited with no problems but the sim card has no PIN number on it. Am I correct thinking this comes from Ford dealership when they set up the account on something called "IDS"? I stopped by my dealership and they said I can do it all from the ford website. Without the 4 digit pin I am stuck.
IDS = Integrated Diagnostic System. Basically software loaded onto a laptop or similar device. It is somewhat similar to Forscan which can be used to alter or modify preprogrammed vehicle features. Sorry, can't offer any help with the PIN.

Peter

The RMU needs to activated by "Log on to your Professional Technician Society (PTS) account" according to the instructions. That's different than IDS.

A dealer must activate the RMU through OASIS. If they don't understand this have them bring up your vehicle in OASIS and then go to the accessories tab. IDS is only used to enable remote start and the alarm if the vehicle isn't already programmed for those.

Well my local dealership tried to charge me an hour worth of labor last night to activate the RMU. I told them no. Need to find a dealership to do this 2 minute activity

Well my local dealership tried to charge me an hour worth of labor last night to activate the RMU. I told them no. Need to find a dealership to do this 2 minute activity
I'm not sure how dealerships work in that regard. Perhaps they have to charge a minimum of an hour regardless of the actual time it takes to do a 'job'.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Feels a little odd doing this but I was referred to this thread from another. I'm trying to get remote start going on a '16 Explorer Base. I installed the hood pin and wired it to pin 14 of the the BCM harness the code of which escapes me now. My understanding is that the pin needs to be activated using IDS or forscan. Does anyone know the Forscan data that needs to be changed to enable the hood pin?

Back