2016 Memory Seats | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Memory Seats

Badluck 77

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
2016 Sport 400a package, can anyone provide info on if it's possible to add the memory option to this SUV? Called one dealer and they said it's a different engine harness and can't be done, purchasing dealer is still looking into it.

Thanks.

Very unlikely. There is so much computer integration in new vehicles that it makes adding factory options like memory seats extremely difficult.

There is typically a seat module with the memory option and it communicates with a module in the driver's door. Another module controls the heated and cooled seats. All these computers talk to each other over the vehicle network. Adding a new module to the mix means reprogramming the others to enable communication. This is ON TOP of any wiring that has to be added.

BTW, the module for the seats also controls the side rearview mirrors and adjustable pedals and even the motorized electric steering column. Regular mirrors won't work with memory so you'd have to replace those (new wiring required). Same for the adjustable pedals.

I bought a set of expensive heated/cooled memory seats for my Expedition and then I found out you have to be a computer hacker to get them to work! It's been a few years now and I still haven't figured that project out. . .

Back