2016 Platinum Late Production? | Page 27 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Platinum Late Production?

Hi, I'm trying to buy a 2016 Platinum. The dealer just told me, is that Ford is rejecting orders because of issues with paint and the rear end. Has anyone else head of this ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I sure don't want to hear that!

Me either!! My dealer just checked late last week and said everything had been accepted and just awaiting scheduling.

If it were delayed, wouldn't there be a visible hold in the system to the dealer?

I was able to pull up my window sticker last night. All looked good until I went to the options. When I ordered I installed the 2nd row console and the window sticker does not show the console, just the 2nd row buckets.

I went back and pulled up the build sheet when I ordered and signed at the dealer and it shows 2nd row console. Stopped in at the dealership today and showed them and it appears to be an error somewhere. Either dealer set up order wrong or the factory has an issue. Build date was yesterday.

Salesman and I were talking and he said its probably something that can be installed easily later on however I explained I would want the VIN to show all options ordered. In my mind it would devalue the Ex, not by much but still.

Other than that - Very happy to see window sticker.

According to my window sticker my build date was 10/12/15 but according to Ford Service my Explorer has been in production for the last 4 days. It would not surprise me if there was another delay of some kind.

Talked to Ford today. They said the sticker usually doesn't show up until about 4 days before the production date. They gave me a BUILD date of Saturday October 24th. Does anyone know for sure that they work on Saturday?
I got an ETA of November 12-18. My original order was August 22 so looks like about 3 months was right.
With the number of orders going in, I wouldn't be surprised if they work 7 days a week.

Peter

I was able to pull up my window sticker last night. All looked good until I went to the options. When I ordered I installed the 2nd row console and the window sticker does not show the console, just the 2nd row buckets.

I went back and pulled up the build sheet when I ordered and signed at the dealer and it shows 2nd row console. Stopped in at the dealership today and showed them and it appears to be an error somewhere. Either dealer set up order wrong or the factory has an issue. Build date was yesterday.

Salesman and I were talking and he said its probably something that can be installed easily later on however I explained I would want the VIN to show all options ordered. In my mind it would devalue the Ex, not by much but still.

Other than that - Very happy to see window sticker.

how did you get your window sticker?

Just tried that link I posted and it worked for me. Showed every little thing associated with the vehicle. Even has software listings as well, which I believe is new.
ETIS shows way more than a Window Sticker will ever show.

Peter

Don't disagree. I had noticed all that too but did not show anything for my VIN. I googled and found the other link and it worked for the window sticker. Went back to Etis and no such luck.

I'm just happy I got it as I found the 2nd row console issue vs finding it when it arrives at the dealership.

Stever40, doesn't the 2nd row console have electric and air ducts? Could be a rough dealer instal.

My production date was 10/12/15. How long does it take to load it on the train. How long before the full description will show up on etis?

Don't disagree. I had noticed all that too but did not show anything for my VIN. I googled and found the other link and it worked for the window sticker. Went back to Etis and no such luck.

I'm just happy I got it as I found the 2nd row console issue vs finding it when it arrives at the dealership.
Perhaps it doesn't appear there right away.

Peter

Stever40, doesn't the 2nd row console have electric and air ducts? Could be a rough dealer instal.
There are a few members that have ordered the console and installed it themselves.

Peter

Bill Grover,

Stay on top of checking on the status with you dealer. Mine set at the plant for almost a month built and it wasn't until I saw others that were built after mine showing up locally at dealerships that I realized there was a problem. As soon as I inquired about it miraculously it happened to be loaded on a train that day and they said there was a backup at the plant. Apparently Ford can build pretty good but shipping needs a little work. Another member has had theirs sitting built for over 2 months at the plant.

Stever40,

I have read numerous posts about people installing 2nd row console afterwards with no problems. I would make sure though that dealership gives you that console at the cost you would have paid had it made it onto the invoice as there is a difference between that cost and purchasing it later. I wanna say it's about $150 from factory and over $400 afterwards.

The front console does but I don't believe the rear console has anything.

The front console does but I don't believe the rear console has anything.
Although I'm not positive, but doesn't it have a USB charging port?

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought the USB ports were in the rear of the front console to put them in front of the 2nd row passengers? I understood the 2nrd row console to simply be an armrest, cup holder, and storage box.

Although I'm not positive, but doesn't it have a USB charging port?

Peter

Back