2016 Platinum Late Production? | Page 30 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Platinum Late Production?

It is here, finally... The active park assist is going to take some getting used to. I put in perpendicular and it would only find spots with one car on a side not in between. A lot of stuff to learn. I love the active cruise control. Front camera is nice

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is here, finally... The active park assist is going to take some getting used to. I put in perpendicular and it would only find spots with one car on a side not in between. A lot of stuff to learn. I love the active cruise control. Front camera is nice

Congratulations!! Can't wait till mine gets here. I too love the adaptive cruise control. You get spoiled with in and the regular cruise control just seems stupid. :D You can change your vehicle under your name now to show your new baby. Have fun!

Please share some pics if you have time.
I believe it should be a ritual on here for everyone when they get their new vehicle.

So far I have found one very disappointing thing about the Explorer Platinum. The seats are not all that comfy and luxurious. They are exactly the same seats as in a 2015 Lincoln MKC (my wife's vehicle). Nice but not what I thought they should be. The seats in my 2014 GMC Acadia Denali were far more comfy. Almost all the features such as active cruise, active parking, rain sensing wipers, navigation and others work the same as the our MKC. Not a bad think just is. The ride is very very nice and handling is excellent. A reasonable value. Sorry no pictures to post.

Does the Active Park Assist work? That could be a big deal for my wife.

Cargo protection

My Platinum should arrive this week or next. I have been looking for a good way to protect the cargo area from dog hair. I have 3 labs and I can make a fourth from some of the hair in my current Explorer! I have researched a few but seeing that there are some dog owners here I wanted to see if anyone had some good suggestions. Note I did buy a WeatherTech cargo mat but am concerned about the sides and back seat. Any suggestion are welcome.

My Platinum should arrive this week or next. I have been looking for a good way to protect the cargo area from dog hair. I have 3 labs and I can make a fourth from some of the hair in my current Explorer! I have researched a few but seeing that there are some dog owners here I wanted to see if anyone had some good suggestions. Note I did buy a WeatherTech cargo mat but am concerned about the sides and back seat. Any suggestion are welcome.

Here is a link to the Canvas Back Cover that I had made for mu 2013 Explorer.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372966 They do make them where all the seats are done separately but I wanted mine a one piece so the area between the 2nd row and 3rd row where there is a gap was covered. Easy to put up the 2nd row seats, unzip and put them up. It has worked wonderful in the 3 years that I have had it. I have large dogs. Anything gets on it you just take it out and hose it off. The Canvas Back website is http://www.canvasback.com/index.php...rs-br-2011-2015-7-passenger-br-bench-2nd.html They are held in place with Velcro around the edges and they don't move.

So far I have found one very disappointing thing about the Explorer Platinum. The seats are not all that comfy and luxurious. They are exactly the same seats as in a 2015 Lincoln MKC (my wife's vehicle). Nice but not what I thought they should be. The seats in my 2014 GMC Acadia Denali were far more comfy. Almost all the features such as active cruise, active parking, rain sensing wipers, navigation and others work the same as the our MKC. Not a bad think just is. The ride is very very nice and handling is excellent. A reasonable value. Sorry no pictures to post.

Does anyone else have a complaint about the seat comfort? a lot of money for uncomfortable seats.

Does anyone else have a complaint about the seat comfort? a lot of money for uncomfortable seats.

Sorry to be a little misleading, they are not uncomfortable just not as comfy and luxurious as I would have thought. the Lincoln MKC is a lot smaller than the Explorer but the seats are the exact same size. Go find a Lincoln MKC and sit in it (the leather seats. White if you can find them) they are even the same color as the Explorer...

Sorry to be a little misleading, they are not uncomfortable just not as comfy and luxurious as I would have thought. the Lincoln MKC is a lot smaller than the Explorer but the seats are the exact same size. Go find a Lincoln MKC and sit in it (the leather seats. White if you can find them) they are even the same color as the Explorer...

They do resemble each other a bit, but the Explorer seem a bit more substantial than the MKC. I've sat in an MKC and the headrests seem a lot thinner. People have been complaining about the Explorer seats being too narrow and the driving position less than ideal for several years. Not likely to change until the next full redesign.

They do resemble each other a bit, but the Explorer seem a bit more substantial than the MKC. I've sat in an MKC and the headrests seem a lot thinner. People have been complaining about the Explorer seats being too narrow and the driving position less than ideal for several years. Not likely to change until the next full redesign.

LOL, at least from my experience, both 2015/2016 are actually too wide.
Sides don't hug as much, if anything; plenty of space to spare.

LOL, at least from my experience, both 2015/2016 are actually too wide.
Sides don't hug as much, if anything; plenty of space to spare.
I feel the same way. I was trying to 'grow' into the seat but my doctor had different ideas.:D

Peter

Got the number for CSX. My car left Louisville last night and due at Ford Depot in Jacksonville Friday. I'm nervous about the seats. lol

Just sat in a new Lincoln MKC at the dealership. Definitely not the same seats as in the Platinum. Much smaller and narrower.

MKC is based on the Escape, no comparison...

MKC is based on the Escape, no comparison...

This is the post I was referring to...

the Lincoln MKC is a lot smaller than the Explorer but the seats are the exact same size. Go find a Lincoln MKC and sit in it (the leather seats. White if you can find them) they are even the same color as the Explorer...

Just sat in a new Lincoln MKC at the dealership. Definitely not the same seats as in the Platinum. Much smaller and narrower.

I own a 2015 Lincoln MKC and a 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum I just measured the seats. The seats are both 19 inches deep and 24 inches high. The Explorer seats are 1 inch wider. The leather is of the same quality. Not exactly the same seats. My only point is I would have thought the Explorer seats would have been more comfortable. My 2014 GMC Acadia Denali seats were much more comfortable.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back