3 new colors for 2017.

Canyon Ridge which looks similar to the Bronze Fire

White Gold

Smoke Quartz Tinted Metallic Clearcoat

Deleted Colors:

Bronze Fire

Caribou

Guard

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Edited with color deletes.

3 new colors for 2017.

Canyon Ridge which looks similar to the Bronze Fire

White Gold

Smoke Quartz Tinted Metallic Clearcoat

Deleted Colors:

Bronze Fire

Caribou

Guard

Any news on Sport colors? The Smoke Quartz sounds interesting!

Both the Canyon Ridge and Smoked Quartz look nice. I could only see it in the color catalog.

It doesn't list the the different models but the way I look at it is this.

Bronze Fire was available on Sport and is no longer. Canyon Ridge looks very similar so I'm assuming it is replacing it.

White Gold is replacing Caribou therefore it would be on whatever models Caribou was offered.

Smoke Quartz is replacing Guard therefore it would be available on whatever models Guard is on.

Obviously I can be wrong but the fact that 3 new colors are replacing 3 old colors seems that they would follow whatever the previous model the deleted color is.

Thats funny because I saw those 3 deleted colours as the least desirable. probably the lowest take rate from customers and dealer orders.

Isn't White #1 and black #2 ?

Apparently Smoked Quartz is from 2 years ago...

Thats funny because I saw those 3 deleted colours as the least desirable. probably the lowest take rate from customers and dealer orders.

No clue on take rates... My Explorer is White, I don't like Black normally because of the dirt aspect and shows every little chip, mark and scratch.

I think Bronze Fire is the most misunderstood color and one of my favorites. I have it on my 2015 F350 Platinum. It's amazing in the sun on how burnt orange it looks and yet looks maroon/burgundy in the shade.

There is a Bronze Fire Platinum that goes to my daughter's school that I LOVE. I think with the Sport looks fantastic in the Sun with all the dark accents with a burnt orange looking paint.

In the shade:

20141009_161708_zpshplx1e2i.jpg

In the sun:

20141010_102339_zps6fhxjr66.jpg

In the sun:

20140601_182628_zpsbf9ueh6h.jpg

Nice color on that F350

I think Bronze Fire is the most misunderstood color and one of my favorites. I have it on my 2015 F350 Platinum. It's amazing in the sun on how burnt orange it looks and yet looks maroon/burgundy in the shade.
That would be very confusing for anyone living in Central Texas.

780eeabc9a4f76c70a7e40fcf47733ac.jpg

favicon.jpg

Apparently Smoked Quartz is from 2 years ago...
A little late in responding but I did a Build & Price on 2014 and 2015 Limited and Sport Explorers and there was no mention of Smoked Quartz or anything similar.

Peter

A little late in responding but I did a Build & Price on 2014 and 2015 Limited and Sport Explorers and there was no mention of Smoked Quartz or anything similar.

Peter

Smoked Quartz was on the 2013/2014 Lincoln models.. not the Explorer. So new color to Ford but old color from Lincoln.

Canyon ridge looks nothing like bronze fire in person. It's an either love it or hate it color. It's similar to the bronze color (can't remember the name) that was offered on the 2011 explorer. You can see pics of the white gold and canyon ridge under the 2017 Escape on the future vehicle tab on ford.com. Smoked Quartz was a very nice color on the lincolns, almost like a smokey blue jeans.

Canyon ridge looks nothing like bronze fire in person. It's an either love it or hate it color. It's similar to the bronze color (can't remember the name) that was offered on the 2011 explorer. You can see pics of the white gold and canyon ridge under the 2017 Escape on the future vehicle tab on ford.com. Smoked Quartz was a very nice color on the lincolns, almost like a smokey blue jeans.
Golden Bronze Metallic.

Peter

No clue on take rates... My Explorer is White, I don't like Black normally because of the dirt aspect and shows every little chip, mark and scratch.

There is a Bronze Fire Platinum that goes to my daughter's school that I LOVE. I think with the Sport looks fantastic in the Sun with all the dark accents with a burnt orange looking paint.

In the shade:

20141009_161708_zpshplx1e2i.jpg

In the sun:

20141010_102339_zps6fhxjr66.jpg

In the sun:

20140601_182628_zpsbf9ueh6h.jpg

I agree with you on Broze Fire being a very nice color. My wife loves her F150 KR in Bronze Fire and Caribou...

Attachments

• DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,148
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 836
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 995
  • DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 1,049
  • DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,881

damn and I liked the guard metallic.

All I know is that I can be at a red light or stop sign and heads will turn at my bronze fire 2016 Sport. Love the pictures of your truck!

So looking at the color options online, smoked quartz has this "midnight blue" quality to it, but in person it is effectively the darkest metallic gray you can imagine, nearly black even in the sun. I think it is a very nice color and will hide dirt better than going black and is a sharp option. There did not seem to be any hint of blue in real life.

Here is a pic of my Smoked Quartz Platinum... depending on the light it takes on different shades of grey, black and deep blue. I get lots of compliments on the color.

8cfda694-39ac-4a9e-a8c2-6bc99a1541b8_zpszgopbq6d.jpg

love it when it's sunny and car is cleaned.............you can walk around the car and think you saw three different colors............black, dark blue and shiny metallic sky blue.

looks great with the 20" factory black wheels (from the GT350) the dealer threw in for free.

still need to paint brake calibers porsche racing lime green or just traditional red.
ex%20sport17_zpsdrtwqobg.jpg

And here's mine in the Sport flavor :)

-img_0846_f012de0d2956041522e42f3d9a146f89e83e69c5.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Okay so clearly, smoked quartz is the color to get :)

Back