2017 Explorer radio audio clips on and off | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Explorer radio audio clips on and off

Magnetic_EX

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer limited
Hello all. Tried a search before posting.

I have a 2017 explorer limited. I've had it since November problem free until today.

The radio has no audio and randomly comes on. If you go over a speed bump or pot hole the radio comes back on briefly and then goes off again.

I've tried resetting the radio using the reset feature in the setup area. Still not working.

Figured I'd check here to see if this is common. Trip to the dealer on Monday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not aware of previous issues like that. Does the audio also do the same if you use another input source such as USB?
It could be a bad solder joint in a circuit board if jarring the radio affects it.

Peter

Haven't tried another audio source such as the USB, but I did try the satellite radio and the navigation. Both are quiet. if I smash or hit the dash with my hand it's not enough to replicate it. Has to be driven over a speed bump or pothole to do it.

In the meantime driving in silence :(

I'll post an update once Ford fixes it

Haven't tried another audio source such as the USB, but I did try the satellite radio and the navigation. Both are quiet. if I smash or hit the dash with my hand it's not enough to replicate it. Has to be driven over a speed bump or pothole to do it.

In the meantime driving in silence :(

I'll post an update once Ford fixes it
If you can get audio using a USB or other input source it could be a bad antenna connection as well.
Good luck.

UPDATE:

Ford fixed it in a few hours. Was simply a wire repair and a new connector.

Hopefully it's a good long term fix.

Back