2017 Explorer Reverse Camera issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Explorer Reverse Camera issue

Reaction score
City, State
Grimsby, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
2 week old 2017 Explorer XLT with the Sport Package.

I go to gym between 5:00 & 5:30 AM. This is the first time I use the car on a daily basis. The reverse camera does not work. I get a black screen with the truck and proximity ray symbol on the top right hand corner.

When I leave the gym around 7:00am, the camera works and continues to work all day??

Is there some timer on these things, or is it a glitch??

Try discnonnecting the negative battery cable and if that doesn't work; time to visit the dealership.

2 week old 2017 Explorer XLT with the Sport Package.

I go to gym between 5:00 & 5:30 AM. This is the first time I use the car on a daily basis. The reverse camera does not work. I get a black screen with the truck and proximity ray symbol on the top right hand corner.

When I leave the gym around 7:00am, the camera works and continues to work all day??

Is there some timer on these things, or is it a glitch??
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I'm not familiar with "the truck and proximity ray symbol on the top right hand corner". Being that the vehicle has only been on the road for 2 weeks, and it is now working, I would wait to see if this happens again before getting too concerned about it. These Explorers have lots of electronic systems on board and as you say, it could have been a "glitch". Perhaps at that time of the morning it wasn't quite awake yet.:)
Please add the trim (XLT) to your profile so it shows in the margin. Thanks.

Peter

I have experienced on a few occasions my screen going black if I don't give everything a second to 'boot up.' Say for instance I'm parked next to the house and decide to 'garage' it and am in a hurry. It will start to load the screen and then appear to 'reboot.' Most of the time the camera eventually boots up, but a couple of times it hasn't. But as I say I attribute this to simply trying to drive too soon after starting up. If I give it about 3 or 4 seconds this never occurs.

I know this isn't exactly what you're describing, but it does sound similar.

Back