2017 Explorer XLT Ordered

SLail

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT (MXV)
Hey guys,

As of 4:30 PM, my family and I have successfully ordered a 2017 Ford Explorer XLT with every possible option on it except for the polished aluminum wheels. The guys at MSA ford of Abbotsford British Columbia Canada gave us a killer deal, if you're in the lower mainland and want a killer deal on a Ford, they're the guys you should go to. At first they were forecasting a December delivery however we got the vehicle build expedited! So we shall see, it will be black. If anyone has tips and tricks for the explorer once it arrives post a reply here!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys,

As of 4:30 PM, my family and I have successfully ordered a 2017 Ford Explorer XLT with every possible option on it except for the polished aluminum wheels. The guys at MSA ford of Abbotsford British Columbia Canada gave us a killer deal, if you're in the lower mainland and want a killer deal on a Ford, they're the guys you should go to. At first they were forecasting a December delivery however we got the vehicle build expedited! So we shall see, it will be black. If anyone has tips and tricks for the explorer once it arrives post a reply here!
Congratulations. Will it be a standard build that you'll have modified afterwards?

Peter

That's cool. I just bought one in Burnaby. What do you consider a good deal? :)

Congratulations. Will it be a standard build that you'll have modified afterwards?

Peter
Correct! I will be issued a drop ship code. The vehicle will roll off the Chicago assembly, and be placed in transit to Winimac Indiana, the location of the conversion factory and then sent to Ontario, and from there shipped over to BC.

That's cool. I just bought one in Burnaby. What do you consider a good deal? :)
Nice! Well what I consider a good deal, is just a discount but also having good service and sales people to deal with that are straight shooters and include and detail everything you need to know prior to the sale.

Was just wondering because with the Ford Employee pricing + Costco discounts + reasonable interest rates (1.9% over 4 years), there's not much more you can do outside of reducing doc fees, getting free floor mats, etc. I didn't pay for the $410 "security marking thingy". Burnaby Ford was good to work with. I had initially test driven at another dealership, but in Vancouver there are plenty of dealers. They also had the exact car I wanted in stock and not spoken for, so I managed to get the car after 3 days. Was totally new, in holding. But their attitude and helpfulness levels were good!

I passed on prepaid maintenance (the numbers didn't make sense), but I did get the 10 year / 120k bumper to bumper warranty at $2900 (for the Sport). I drive low kms.

Hey all,
I just ordered a 2017 XLT with appearance package, tech package, moonroof & class III hitch. With employee discount & Costco promotion, dealers were really hard to haggle with to get more off the price. I still managed to work them down another $850 or so. My trick was to get 2 dealerships competing for the sale.
Luckily the vehicle was already on the way from the factory, so I can pick it up next week!

Hey all,
I just ordered a 2017 XLT with appearance package, tech package, moonroof & class III hitch. With employee discount & Costco promotion, dealers were really hard to haggle with to get more off the price. I still managed to work them down another $850 or so. My trick was to get 2 dealerships competing for the sale.
Luckily the vehicle was already on the way from the factory, so I can pick it up next week!
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Congratulations on getting the new vehicle.

Peter

Thanks. This is my 3rd Explorer, although the first two were Sport Tracs. I wish they hadn't discontinued it....

....I passed on prepaid maintenance (the numbers didn't make sense), but I did get the 10 year / 120k bumper to bumper warranty at $2900 (for the Sport). I drive low kms.

$2900 for 10 year /120k is good i think. Can you send me your dealer info please? I would like to get that too if possible.

$2900 for 10 year /120k is good i think. Can you send me your dealer info please? I would like to get that too if possible.
There is a person who sells ESP at $100 over cost. Many here have bought from him. See
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...ded-service-plans.323161/page-15#post-3502598
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...ded-service-plans.323161/page-17#post-3552700

I believe the $2900/10 year warranty is a 3rd party warranty, not a Ford ESP. Buyer beware they say of 3rd party warranties. He is also in Canada. Not sure where you are located as your profile doesn't say nor what vehicle you have.

Peter

Hanoudi and I have been trading PM's. He's also Canadian. Btw, why would Ford Canada sell 3rd party extended warranties instead of official ones? I just assumed that because I was getting it with my new car, that it would be fully legit. Apparently same one that is used by several other manufacturers. Leads me to believe there isn't an option for an official 1st party extended warranty.

There is a person who sells ESP at $100 over cost. Many here have bought from him. See
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...ded-service-plans.323161/page-15#post-3502598
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...ded-service-plans.323161/page-17#post-3552700

I believe the $2900/10 year warranty is a 3rd party warranty, not a Ford ESP. Buyer beware they say of 3rd party warranties. He is also in Canada. Not sure where you are located as your profile doesn't say nor what vehicle you have.

Peter

So is this person selling to Canadians for cars registered in Canada?

So is this person selling to Canadians for cars registered in Canada?
No he doesn't sell to Canadian owners. I didn't know where you are since you haven't entered it in your profile.

Hanoudi and I have been trading PM's. He's also Canadian. Btw, why would Ford Canada sell 3rd party extended warranties instead of official ones? I just assumed that because I was getting it with my new car, that it would be fully legit. Apparently same one that is used by several other manufacturers. Leads me to believe there isn't an option for an official 1st party extended warranty.
There is no reason to believe the warranty isn't "legit". It just may not be as comprehensive as a Ford ESP. They are likely also less expensive and perhaps the dealer makes more on selling them. Also, I have heard of cases where a servicing garage may want you to pay for a repair and then get your warranty holder to reimburse you. I have no experience with 3rd party warranties as I've always bought the Toyota and Ford genuine ones.

Peter

Back