22" Wheels For Explorer | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

22" Wheels For Explorer

those are great man! i was actually looking at those same ones and spec setup. any new rubbing issues now, or any during bumps, turns, or having more people in the explorer? i was about to order these when some company said that it wouldnt fit

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey xbreaker i am out of town until sunday so when i get back i will post some pics. as for the wheels they are vossen cv3 22x10.5. the tires are 285/35/22. let me know if you need more info.

thanks chris, what is your offset? the wheels im looking to get are 22 x 10.5 with +28offset and 285/35/22. i know another explorer that has the same wheel setup. i dont know if they did anything special though to make those fit on his explorer. the vendors are all saying that it won't fit or is not listed as compatible with my truck but i seen one person on here with it and another site that has it on an explorer. i have no drop and dont plan to do it anyway, i showed them pics of it but they say that the pics dont have any of the wheels fully turned and could be hitting the suspension or inner fender. you have any problems with that?

Those rims look great, those are the ones I was thinking of getting. It looks great on your ride. How much did you end up spending on rims and tires? Also what do you mean by "poke"? Have tried driving it with a couple of passengers? I do road trips here in there and usually it's me plus 3 others and dogs in the back.

'Poke': tires/wheels sticking out past the fender lip...not cool, but I do like the wheels.

Those rims look great, those are the ones I was thinking of getting. It looks great on your ride. How much did you end up spending on rims and tires? Also what do you mean by "poke"? Have tried driving it with a couple of passengers? I do road trips here in there and usually it's me plus 3 others and dogs in the back.

It seems to me that having tires stick out beyond the fender wells would be a very illogical move. Not only will it result in more debris being thrown up in the air that fellow motorists will have to endure but I would think it would also throw up more debris against the sides of the vehicle.

Peter

That looks mean and rugged. Nice job. What's your mpg with the new shoes?

Thank you-

I have always gotten between 18 and 22 depending on my driving patterns. These wheels and tires are no more heavy than OEM 20" polished so I've only added a little bit of rolling resistance because of more rubber contact to the road.

thanks chris, what is your offset? the wheels im looking to get are 22 x 10.5 with +28offset and 285/35/22. i know another explorer that has the same wheel setup. i dont know if they did anything special though to make those fit on his explorer. the vendors are all saying that it won't fit or is not listed as compatible with my truck but i seen one person on here with it and another site that has it on an explorer. i have no drop and dont plan to do it anyway, i showed them pics of it but they say that the pics dont have any of the wheels fully turned and could be hitting the suspension or inner fender. you have any problems with that?

Hey xbreaker sorry for just getting back to you. the offset is +40. i have no issues with rubbing. i have not droped it and to be honest ive had ppl come to me and when i mention a drop they say no, it looks clean the way it is. took some more pics but they look like crap so will take some more later. let me know if you want me to take a specific pic.

having a little trouble finding the Fender Vents. (i tried searching the under the range rover sport parts, or ford exp) No Luck :(

any chance you remember where exactly you found them??

also, what were the specs on your drop?? (LOOKS GREAT)!!

I went with 22x9 Giovanna Mecca- flat black/gloss black

They worked well on my 2012 but I haven't had a chance to put them on my 14 Sport yet. Thanks to the polar vortex on the east coast.

I think I'm pulling the trigger next week though.

Crappy pic of my 12 Limited

null_zps067484ce.jpg

these would look sweet with all terrain bfg or terra grapplers. :thumbsup::)

Ok can we throw some CPR on this thread? Anyways.... After reading everyone's insight I've got my wife's new rims and tires on the way. Went Pirelli 285/35-22 with Dropstars 644B 22x10.5 rim. Should be early next week and I'll post some photos once I get them mounted up! Thanks for your test fitting attempts and doing the leg work for us late bloomers! I appreciate it!

Here's before........
88FE58AA-E9F8-4C3D-8B55-5C75AEEF0E5B.jpg

741D6D50-7C29-46FD-8ECF-69ADEFCD48D0.jpg

Now you'll just have to wait for the after.

They are some nice looking wheels. Love the black with the chrome lip.

Thanks jester, in my eyes and wifey's all black seems to get lost in the wheel wells so for us a small polished lip to get some contrast gives the wheels a pop. I'll see once I install them! Got my fingers crossed the miss will be happy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How much did they run you if I may ask?

Back