• Register Today It's free!

3.5 Ecoboost Limited

Rare Limited

Reaction score
City, State
Scotland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Limited +
Arrived at last, 3.5 twin turbo Ecoboost with sport gearbox and axle ratio. Tow Package is there minus trailer electrics. No tow button because it is accessed on screen.

20180520_165051.jpg

20180521_115239.jpg

20180521_115344.jpg

20180520_164947.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is that a reflection of some kind around the fog light or is actually coloured that way? Strange that there is not electrical hookups for the towing.

Peter

Looks like a dark pink in the photo/

If you zoom in, it looks like a reflection of some sort. (Someones tanned legs?):eek:

If you zoom in, it looks like a reflection of some sort. (Someones tanned legs?):eek:
Okay, thanks. That it what I wondered initially.

Peter

Explat.JPG
I like the way that chrome surround on the fog lights looks and immediately added it to mine.

The pink effect is the reflection of the wall you see in the first picture

In your last photo it looks like the steering wheel is on the left hand side not the UK right hand drive side, maybe it's just the reflection in the photo. How does the Explorer compare price wise to it's comparable Range Rover or Land Rover SUV. I use to travel to the UK all the time and just rented cars. Some of the A and B roads were challenging in a smallish car I can't imagine what they're like in a large size vehicle like the Explorer. Good luck with it. We have a 2017 2.3L EcoBoost and love it. It surprisingly has lots of power and handles great. But we don't tow with this vehicle so we didn't need the 3.5L EcoBoost or even the plain 3.5.

Whimsey

You are quite correct. The steering wheel is on the left. Just like my other car, a Corvette Z06, they are not made in right hand drive. It is not a big issue for me as I have had left hand drive vehicles here since 2000. Namely a 2000 Explorer, a 2002 Corvette,a 2006 Corvette Z06, a 2013 Corvette Grand Sport convertible and now the 2017 Explorer. The Z06 is actually wider than the Explorer, although it will be towing a ski-boat on its trailer which is 8 foot 3 inches wide. (the same width as an 18 wheeler and they negotiate the roads). Price wise about 2/3rds the price of a fully loaded Discovery or the base Range Rover Sport. Both of which are as common here as Explorers are in the States. I probably have the only one in Scotland and am loving it. A friend of mine who has the latest Range Rover Autobiography that cost almost 3 times the price was quite envious when he saw the Explorer and found out how much I paid.

Back