3 Relays I do not know what they are - 2001 Ranger | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3 Relays I do not know what they are - 2001 Ranger

radco59

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001,EDGE,V6 3.0
Hello,
I have a 2001 Ford Ranger a EDGE model V-6 3.0 L .182 cbi, I just recently started to up grade my bupples with LEDs ones, I ran into the problem of either adding a Load resister to the light socket or changing out the Flasher unit that is a Relay. I went with second option to change out the Flasher relay unit. I found it on the right side up kind by the radio and heat /AC controls. It was at the top of a couple sockets, it was the top one with a middle socket open then 3 little rectangular relays at the bottom, what I want to know is what do those 3 little rectangular ones go to, what do they function on my Truck? I have both the Hayes and Chilton books on my truck plus the Owners manual but they do not say what those 3 little rectangular relays go to? What I am asking is ,does anybody know what they go to and what do they operate in my Truck? Are they part of the flashing circuit or what, any help would be helpful.
Thank you

Back