35" KM2s...installed ! ! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

35" KM2s...installed ! !

Whoa I wouldn't wanna push it as close as Brent's, but I guess if it works it works right?! Never even heard of Cragar's. The specific ones we were looking at are ATX the AX186. I'd link their page, but they don't give any stats so it would be pointless. In the catalog it was -19 for 15x8 and -44 for 15x10.

Can't wait to see pics of the 35's!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

About half the wheels you see on any muscle cars are Cragar SS. About half the wheels you see on off road vehicles are Cragar Soft 8s. I looked at the ATX Mojave wheel but couldn't justify the price at this time.

The Soft 8's are used so much because they are steel wheels and cheep as hell. I bought my 15x8's from Summit Racing for I think $42 each on sale.

I wold love to get some old Wagon wheels like I had on my '79 Scout II but they don't make them anymore and the originals are 5X5, 5x5.5 and 6x5.5 depending on which vehicle (Scout, Jeep, Ford) you pull them off of if you're lucky enough to find them.

Cragar doesn't make Soft 8s in a size I could use so I went with the ProComp RockCrawler which looks similar to the Soft 8.

Whatever works for ya man. I like the price of the Soft 8's, that's why I bought them. I like the look of those wheels you're getting and the Black Rock's as well.

I like Soft 8s, too and I like the Cragar brand. I think it's a good company. Unfortunate that they didn't have a wheel that would work for me. Their steel wheels seem to be pretty specific to the needs of *eeps.

And thanks, I'm getting restless without the wheels. I should get them on the 4th, then all the other goodies I've ordered on the 6th. Then my books for classes start arriving between the 6 and 14 and I won't have much time for the truck any more. Still going to try to get in a wheeling trip in March or later, though.

Have a set of ProComp 15x10 "D-rings". The Soft 8's or ProComp series 98 look so much better. Looking forward to pics!

Here's how she's sat for 3 weeks. That puddle was a slow drip that turned into a full on leak from the R&P. Got that taken care of...just waiting, patiently. Sneak peak at one of the 35s in the rear.

jackstands.jpg

Nice. Damn, look at that garage, must be nice. LOL.

Can't wait to see the fronts go on, i wonder how much you'll have to cut back.

Hugh, did you get the coilover conversion setup from Gman?

LOL Jerry. It's actually my in-laws' garage. I still defrost my windows every morning. :D

As for the coilovers: Nah, AFAIK, he still hasn't actually listed the stuff for sale, yet. I just dropped tuition, so that reality check hit again anyway.

Oh, ok. I didn't know if he started selling the parts he "Listed/ Unlisted". LOL

:bounce: :popcorn:

cant wait to see these 35"s get thrown on. i got a pretty sweet garage myself, but with the lift and the roof rack, i can barely fit my trac in it so it stays in the driveway unless i gotta do work on it.

Here they are installed. The photos were the best I could get in the disappearing daylight with my wife's iPhone. Will do the necessary trimming tomorrow. To everyone who gave good advice, thanks.

photo6.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo7.jpg

Looks sweet !!! Begin the demolition of the toeboard, lol. Gotta get some black lugs or paint those, looks weird on the shiny black rims.

Just drove it around the property but up to about 35 mph seems smooth. I was really more concerned about the power steering since I also just changed the rack and pinion. Seems good and no leaks...so far. When I can get it out on the road, I'll be able to judge the ride better.

The trimming doesn't really look like it's going to be much more than anybody has had to do to fit other 12.5" wide tires but we'll see.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:thumbsup: x a million. youre in my top ten favorite tracs now. :cool:

not that you probably werent before ... :D

Back