35" MT/R's On The Way; I'm Committed Now | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

35" MT/R's On The Way; I'm Committed Now

I just spent $914 for four rockcrawler rims from 4Wheel Parts and a set of 35" MT/R's from Tirerack.com.

I forced myself. Now that I've spent the money, I HAVE to figure out how to stuff them in my front wheelwells :hammer: because there is no way I will let myself waste nearly a thousand dollars. :D A little bit of psychological self-analysis to force myself into getting those puppies stuffed in there.

And no, I have absolutely no idea how I will fit them. :D I surely hope my Eddie Bauer flares can hide the sheetmetal removal that will be required in the rear of the front wheelwells. This is gonna be quite an adventure, LOL :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by RangerX

Sounds like South Carolina is rubbing off on you, Gerald! ;)
Welcome to BigDawg status! :D

South Carolina???
Hell, that's all TEXAS buddy :D

Congrats on the 35's Gerald, can't wait to see it in person. Soon.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Congrats Gerald:D What's next, new gears, Atlas transfer case, engine mods;) You've waken a sleeping giant.

Nice Gerald. I hope you like them. You'll have to tell us how you like them compared to your BFGs.

Happy trails!!

Dammit Gerald! Now look what you've done! :) In my never-ending quest to eventually have my Explorer be as big as possible, yet retain the daily driver look I've based everything I will do off what you have already done. How will I ever settle with my intention of 33's if I know you were able to fit 35's? :) Now I might end up changing my plans...

What gears do you plan to go with?

Originally posted by GJarrett
I enjoy being a "sleeper" on the trail amongst J**pers who make fun of me before the run and then I get to watch them watch me while I outperform them :D
How are you gonna be a sleeper with 35" MT/R's? LOL

Originally posted by Aquaman
How are you gonna be a sleeper with 35" MT/R's? LOL

LOL, 90%+ of the rigs on the trails I ride out here have 40"+ tires, so yes a rig with "only 35's" can slip into the group as a sleeper :D

Adios - gotta get back to work on those furrschlugginer front fenderwells now :hammer:

I finished :hammer: :hammer: my fenders to fit 33s with only 3 inch body lift. Everyone i know says it can't be done. my friend already made an offer for my 33s because he thinks they wont fit. We shall see tomorrow when I go get them installed.:D :D

Good luck! I finally solved my fitment problems with new fenders. naga: 33x10 or 33x12?

33x12.50s on 15x10 rockcrawlers

I anxiously await rubbing reports! Remember, rubbing can show up under suspension flex and not normal driving.

I'll use a makeshift RTI.

I fitted the 33x12.50s today. Is it normal for the entire body to vibrate at highway speed with super swamper tsls. scares me.. Anyways. pics here
the pics
some more trimming left to go.

was there ever any pics or anything of this, did they fit, what is the status now???

I'm Furious

Yeah I have the tires, but I bought the wheels from complete morons at 4wheelparts and still do not have them and won't for awhile. :mad: So I still do not have them mounted, and no way before my Tellico trip next weekend in eight days.

A month ago I ordered from 4 Wheel Parts out of their "Adventures" catalog that they send to all current customers: 4 Rockcrawler Chrome Star Rims. They shipped the black spoke rims a week and a half or so later.

I called the guy that took the order who authoritatively informed me that I had indeed ordered black spoke rims and he remembered my order and I was full of it :mad: Then he says that my order was recorded and he could prove it and put me on hold for about twenty minutes, then I never heard from him again and got shifted to another section of customer service, so I guess they listened and figured out that I really didn't order what I didn't want in the first place. :rolleyes:

So Robert in customer service gives me a return authorization number to pick up the rims but says that if I want the ones I ordered in the first place that I have to get charged AGAIN because they won't release those immediately without me paying again. Otherwise I have to wait for them to receive back the first rims, so I say ok charge me twice I am trying to get to Tellico soon.

Today the old rims still weren't picked up so I call. Robert didn't do anything, turn in any return authorization, nothing. So a new person tells me sorry, here's another RA number to send back the rims, and we'll send you what you ordered a month ago, but wait, we're out of stock right now.

I have no idea when I will get the rims and meanwhile they charged my credit card a month ago for wheels that aren't even in stock now. :mad: :shoot: :fart:

I don't have a final plan yet but I WILL end up on top when this is over. :D

Meanwhile I'm not so excited about the Tellico trip next week and will settle for more of the same trails I've already been on. :(

4 Wheel Parts are morons.

Sorry to hear that Gerald, I've had nothing but good luck with them, at least with the big purchases. There have been a few times though that their salesmen have been morons and sold me the wrong thing, but that's always been below $50. When I order big stuff I usually know which guy at that location to ask for.

Wish you luck!

Gerald I completely agree with you about 4wp.com THey are such pains in the butt to deal with. I ordered all my stuff from them and I had several problems and I did get a chance to talk to this Robert fellow. He is exactly what a company doesnt need. They tried to jerk me around too and I was on the phone with them for over and hour with something that should have taken 15 minutes max. The only reason I got what I was suppose to have (nothing more) was b/c I was very very persistent and I used this forum as leverage to tell him I was a very active member on a forum that there over 12000 offroaders constantly buying stuff and I wouldnt want to put out a bad word about them blah blah blah. Some of that is slightly stretched but none of it is untrue (only about 150 members are active, not all would want anything from 4wp, and I dont really offroad and i am not super active) Anyway what I am saying is that 4wp and Robert Lowery in particular are stupid. To bad you had to put up with that crap and hope everything works out
Gary

Gerald, call up Foothills, I bet they can get you the rims by Tellico. Heres the number: 235-1144

you ever get those those wheels? just wondered...

Yep Jason I got them finally. Fords, thanks for the help, but I had the local Discount Tire order them for me and got them for the same cheap price that 4wpw promised. I got the tires mounted last week. :bounce:

Now I gotta find time to start hacking away at my fenderwells so I can install them. The tires are sitting in my dining room and make my food taste kinda funny with the new tire smell wafting in the apartment :D

Those other rims that 4wheel parts sent me are still on the loading dock waiting for them to take them back, and they wouldn't credit my account like they promised. I am having to duke it out with them through my credit card company via disputed charges. :fire:

I am going to do my best to never do business with those idiots at 4wheel parts again. For sure I will never order anything over the phone with them again.

Originally posted by GJarrett
The tires are sitting in my dining room and make my food taste kinda funny with the new tire smell wafting in the apartment :D

hah.. that's gotta be a funny sight. glad to hear you got them. post a pic when your done!

Back