3rd gen Explorer Blend Door Actuator Replacement | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd gen Explorer Blend Door Actuator Replacement

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow, I have not been on here for a while but it looks like my thread has been usefull to lots of people. I will try to repost all the pictures later tonight......

In my search for the blend door actuator replacement I found this thread. Problem was that there were no pics. I replaced the actuator and took some pics and did a write-up.

Thank you for your thread. :thumbsup: It was instrumental in the replacement of my actuator. :biggthump

In my search for the blend door actuator replacement I found this thread. Problem was that there were no pics. I replaced the actuator and took some pics and did a write-up.

Thank you for your thread. :thumbsup: It was instrumental in the replacement of my actuator. :biggthump

BigRondo all thoses pictures bring me back to one long fun day, well I did the actuator replacement almost three and a half years ago and have had no problems to date.

It was a fun day for me too!! Nothing like the satisfaction you get when you fix something yourself that the dealer wants $1000 for and all it cost for the repair was a $70 part and some patience!!! ;)

With BigRondos walk through I did this a month ago...if you remove the existing part you could maybe put something in the shaft and try to turn it but I wouldnt recommend it. Getting it re-aligned for the new part might be really tough.

It was a fun day for me too!! Nothing like the satisfaction you get when you fix something yourself that the dealer wants $1000 for and all it cost for the repair was a $70 part and some patience!!! ;)

I recommend to check at rockauto.com to get a blend door for $41 including postal fees. (I got a 2005 explorer -manually control- blend door actuator) for this price.

Thanks for posting this !! Well Sleb do you have any idea as how to replace the rear blend door?

Welcome to the forum! :salute:

If you do a search for the rear blend door, you should be able to find what you are looking for. There is a bunch of threads about it.

Here is the how to for changing the front blend door actuator.

Good luck with the fix! :biggthump

Can anyone tell me the exact part number for the actuator for an 04 Explorer?

My search found some awesome threads and write ups (thanks to the people that took the time to do that)

But I am unable to locate and exact part number. Thanks for the help:thumbsup:

check rockauto.com--I found good price and service.
just follow the instructions to reach your part# . good luck

Can anyone tell me the exact part number for the actuator for an 04 Explorer?

My search found some awesome threads and write ups (thanks to the people that took the time to do that)

But I am unable to locate and exact part number. Thanks for the help:thumbsup:

Welcome aboard Fighting5thSVT! :salute:

I highly recommend using a Ford actuator as others have had issues with aftermarket actuators. Although replacing the actuator isn't really that bad, you don't want to do it twice because you installed an inferior part.

If you go to your local Ford dealer, they will ask for your VIN to assure you get the correct part. I paid around $70 at my local dealer. If you want to save a couple of bucks, you can order the part online at several different vendors. Here are a few. Keep in mind that if you don't order a Motorcraft part, you may run into trouble:

www.rockauto.com is a vendor on our forum and offers a Dead Link Removed.

www.fordpartsgiant.com You can enter your VIN they will list parts for your Ex with part numbers.

www.silverstatefordparts.com You can search for parts for your vehicle and ask a question via email before purchasing to ensure you get the correct part. They also require that you include your VIN when ordering.

When you are ready to replace the actuator, Here is the step by step how to.

Good luck with the fix! :biggthump

Thanks. I forgot about Tousley. :thumbsup:
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the info guys. This makes things MUCH easier. Hats off to the guys who took the time to do such detailed work on the actuator threads:thumbsup:

Actuator replaced

Replaced the actuator today,took about 2.5 hours and a few cuts trying to get my hands under the dash. Found it easier to get to the screw on the right by taking out the bezel with the a/c control and going in through there with pliers and unscrewing that way. Back in business but unhappy that Ford would put such a cheaply made part on such an expensive vehicle and in such a difficult to get to spot. $50 motor with $0.01 plastic gear that strips the same for everyone based on the pics posted as well as mine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Replaced the actuator today,took about 2.5 hours and a few cuts trying to get my hands under the dash. Found it easier to get to the screw on the right by taking out the bezel with the a/c control and going in through there with pliers and unscrewing that way. Back in business but unhappy that Ford would put such a cheaply made part on such an expensive vehicle and in such a difficult to get to spot. $50 motor with $0.01 plastic gear that strips the same for everyone based on the pics posted as well as mine.

Nice job. :thumbsup: You saved some serious cake!

Back