Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 231 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Some more recent picks of the exploder
IMG_20121111_133427.jpg

My excellent parking skills

20121215_225558.jpg

Got to love muddy poll line roads and i climbed a nasty hill no problem my buddys jeep got stuck on! Proud of my exploder tonight! Haha

Truck Looks Good 3rdGen! Really like the stance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Getting closer to completion.

At the shop right now for a final pull, alignment, and paint. Awaiting them to yell at me about the BTF arms touching the coil when drooped :D

Question: I've honestly used thepotroast's old Explorer as a template for mine. 3" body lift and 2.25/1.75 BTF spacers with 285s. Does this look a little funky to anyone? There's something about my rig that looks not quite right.

The offset is +20mm so I think it might be that the tires aren't out far enough. I'll be considering wheel spacers once I get a measurement. Anyone see what I mean? Or am I just paranoid?

attachment.php

Halo projector foglights?

Getting closer to completion.

At the shop right now for a final pull, alignment, and paint. Awaiting them to yell at me about the BTF arms touching the coil when drooped :D

Question: I've honestly used thepotroast's old Explorer as a template for mine. 3" body lift and 2.25/1.75 BTF spacers with 285s. Does this look a little funky to anyone? There's something about my rig that looks not quite right.

The offset is +20mm so I think it might be that the tires aren't out far enough. I'll be considering wheel spacers once I get a measurement. Anyone see what I mean? Or am I just paranoid?

Dubya, Truck looks tough and I cannot wait for it to get painted and finished. I personally love the stance and think it looks great. I think you are over thinking it and should wait until you have it back a while before making a rushed decision!

Halo projector foglights?

Yes sir. Haven't hooked up the halos yet, I'm waiting for my sanity to return first (maybe a month when this is all over with). I'll likely be hooking them up to the running lights directly or something to that effect. Not looking for a switch dedicated to them.

Who said you need a lot of lift to fit big tires?
IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

Mustang GT 17x8, 315/70r17 BFG A/Ts

I was always quite partial to the Aspen Green......

:thumbsup:

Thanks bud! I always wished it was black or white but the green definitely grew on me. I get a lot of compliments on how it compliments the black. I am happy with it!

Those are the same mustang wheels I am running

Who said you need a lot of lift to fit big tires?
IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

Mustang GT 17x8, 315/70r17 BFG A/Ts

That's awesome! You have a 2.25" spacer + 1.5" BL right? That size is about a 33x12.50r17 or is it a 35"? Any rubbing? Looks way better than the tiny tires. You going to paint wheels black or leave silver?

That size is 34.5x12r17. I'm gonna leave them silver. Slight rub at full lock, rubbing on the bottom of the rear doors at full rear flex

IMAG0072.jpg

Those look huge on your truck.
One problem looks like you cant fit in the garage anymore.

Yeah theyre kinda ridiculous, but I wanted to see if I could swing 315s with minimal lift. And it actually fits fine still. 7' door and to the top of the roof rack is about 6'6

That size is 34.5x12r17. I'm gonna leave them silver. Slight rub at full lock, rubbing on the bottom of the rear doors at full rear flex

IMAG0072.jpg
QUOTE]

It looks great with that size tire.

I'm interested to see how they perform off road. Also, has your 4.0 run out of tears from having move those things yet?

IMAG0072.jpg

Well I am glad you tried this! Definitely makes me more confident to run larger tires. Do you plan on trimming your fenders?

Thanks guys. The 4.0 is a ******* child anyway so I don't feel bad abusing it LOL. I trimmed the rear doors and put one ziptie on the driver side front bumper and no more rubbing anywhere

That's cool man. You should snap some pics when there is light out how how the fitment in the wheel wells is. I am curious.

Holy Moly!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll get better pics tomorrow. This thing seriously looks like a Tonka truck in person

Back