3rd gen pic's | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

P1010971.jpg

P1010973.jpg

Just got back from Silver Lake Sand Dunes, first trip in the Explorer was a blast.

I didn't see the Ex in there, but there was a cute looking chick:D Ex looks really good and very clean. Looks like you had some fun!

Nice Tires 05kAwBoy...

I'm also running the 255/75R17 BFG MT KM1's... I've got 30mm wheel spacers too...

Attachments

• DSC_0039.JPG
    DSC_0039.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 16,278
  • DSC_0040.JPG
    DSC_0040.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 10,487
  • DSC_0043.JPG
    DSC_0043.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 11,848
  • Lamp1.jpg
    Lamp1.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 10,366

Interested in selling them?

Goatman,

I've got my set from an Eddie Bauer... they look different than those on an xlt, but I think the color may be the same as your truck. You can have them - free - if they match... but you gotta pay shipping. I'd like to get them out of my garage.

Do you need a lift with those tires or can you put that size on a stock Ex?

I'm not sure, did both at the same time. I think you probably could with minor trimming?

I'm not sure, did both at the same time. I think you probably could with minor trimming?

actually you can run 265's with little or no rubbing at stock hieght. thats what im doing now.

Ive never been to silver lake..... i was in the UP last month out on the hiawatha forest trails. Man that was a blastie!!! Ive still got my orv sticker for michigan til 2010....... Hmmmmm might have to head over to silver lake!

I had my BFG's shortly before the lift & yes they fit. They are a 32" tire. There was minor rubbing in the inner fender liner @ full steering lock, but no big deal. The matching size spare hardly fits between the frame rails/hitch though! Had to use some WD-40 and squeeze it in.

Holy cow we have 17 members and 25 guest currently checking this thread out:eek: Looking good guys. One of these days I will get mine all cleaned up and take some decent pics.(I seem to always say that:D)

i'm jealous lol i wish i had sand to go off roading in like that. i just have maryland

^^^ Saturday. ;)

i wish i still had my running boards on its such a pain to get in and out. but for the rear doors i got a rope ladder from home depot and cut it so when someone opens my rear doors the rope ladder hangs down lol just a little joke between me and my buddy that is 5'5.

man whose exs look awesome and clean. i wish we weren't all spread out lol we need to get a big meet together when i get home lol

hey 86explorer86 where can i get some fenders like those i like the flared out look but cant find then for my o2 xls. Any helps appreciated from anyone.

potroast...

looks good buddy !!

just IMO your X with a full brush gaurd = BAD AZZ !!!!!

finally decided to post a pic of my ex as it currently sits...not really a good pic since it was a little dark outside....

Attachments

• explorer lowered.jpg
    explorer lowered.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 12,540

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice!! that looks pretty awesome. are those 17s or 18s?

Back