3rd generation Bumper registry | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd generation Bumper registry

That diamond plate looks so nice. I'm not sure i understand the wiper arm idea though, and highly doubt a wiper arm could hold the weight of a tire and wheel.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I love the rear, this wiper arm scenario worries the hell out of me.
Scotty

I love the rear, this wiper arm scenario worries the hell out of me.
Scotty

Don't let it wipe the smile off your face!

Sorry about that... The wiper arm will be used to hold up a cb antenna, then lower it when not in use. The spare tire issue is different... :)

I love that diamond plate there.

a couple things...

That diamond plate might at as well be diamonds :) It's expensive! I'm not getting anymore... the skid plate will be plain, maybe just aluminum foil :)

The bumper is touching the body and making an awful sound. So the plates came off, and the material/bdoy around the area is being removed (like a 1/4 inch)

The lights are all here... and hopefully tomoro we can get those crossbars on and the plates back on...

Those two vertical bars with the holes on the front grille will be painted body color - maybe

Attachments

• IMGA0218.JPG
    IMGA0218.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 678
  • IMGA0219.JPG
    IMGA0219.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 688

Just Curious Donner what excatly is behind the mesh screen on your front bumper?

is that part of the radiator or a tranny cooler? or ?

Air...

That's what I'm seeing... I've been able to work on it off and on...

Attachments

• IMGA0818.JPG
    IMGA0818.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 673

Update...

Blew out the rear struts... replaced all 4 - sold all 4 to a gent that builds vehicles. Blacked out the rear end, need to do something with the tailpipe... the last of the 4 front KCs are being installed right now... I took a break to check in :) Oh, and a little carving for the rear bumper...

Attachments

• IMGA0241.JPG
    IMGA0241.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 628
  • IMGA0242.JPG
    IMGA0242.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 616
  • IMGA0243.JPG
    IMGA0243.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 626

Blew out the rear struts... replaced all 4 - sold all 4 to a gent that builds vehicles. Blacked out the rear end, need to do something with the tailpipe... the last of the 4 front KCs are being installed right now... I took a break to check in :) Oh, and a little carving for the rear bumper...

Sorry to hear about the struts...What did you put in there as a replacement? I can't remember, are those CS springs under there and if so what setup was it (height front and rear)?

2.75 front and rear with KYB struts... replaced with Monroes - Monrohohohs... That was the worst pothole/concrete I've ever hit...

Looks nice and clean under there Donner.
I could never keep it that clean around here. :)

It's 99% pavement here

Looks nice and clean under there Donner.
I could never keep it that clean around here. :)

But I get to rock crawl once in a while with the neighbors! :D

Attachments

• IMGA0246.JPG
    IMGA0246.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 577
  • IMGA0249.JPG
    IMGA0249.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 582

LMAO!!!!
NICE!!, that's quite the Jeep, must have been your inspiration. ;)

Notice the rims and tires? ;)

haha, that little things got some decent articulation. ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2.75 front and rear with KYB struts... replaced with Monroes - Monrohohohs... That was the worst pothole/concrete I've ever hit...

Did you go with the "Reflex" or "Sensa-trac"? I'm trying to decide which direction that I am going to go when I replace my springs...got to take things apart, might as well do it right!

Truck is looking good though.

Back