• Register Today It's free!

3rd row power seat Stuck

freddyzp

Reaction score
City, State
St Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
11 limited Kona Blue
I have one of my 3rd row power seats (driver Side)stuck in the folded position and I cant get it to move with the push button. I don't even hear the motor running. The passenger side is working. Does anyone know of a manual release?
I would like to know if the seat motor is burnt out how to get to the motor and replace it

I have looked at Google and YouTube and cant find any info on this problem and I know I cant be the only person with this issue

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have one of my 3rd row power seats (driver Side)stuck in the folded position and I cant get it to move with the push button. I don't even hear the motor running. The passenger side is working. Does anyone know of a manual release?
I would like to know if the seat motor is burnt out how to get to the motor and replace it

I have looked at Google and YouTube and cant find any info on this problem and I know I cant be the only person with this issue
Did you try searching the 'Discussion' forum? I found this old post of mine. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...r-third-row-quit-working.445769/#post-3536791
There was a bar or something at the front of the seat underneath that had become dislodged. I moved the 2nd row seat to get at it and put the item back in place and all was good again.

Peter

I hope that's all it is. A car wash broke my power seat, I am at $1900 and 6 weeks for the repair and counting...

Looking for info to remove or get to the power fold seat motor

Did you try searching the 'Discussion' forum? I found this old post of mine. 2012 Power Third Row Quit Working
There was a bar or something at the front of the seat underneath that had become dislodged. I moved the 2nd row seat to get at it and put the item back in place and all was good again.

Peter
I am having the same issue. How did you put the pivot Bar back under the seat?

I am having the same issue. How did you put the pivot Bar back under the seat?
The issue I had was with my 2011 Explorer not the 2014 MKT. It was many years ago and I can't recall exactly but it seemed pretty clear in my case what should go where. I just worked at it until it went back in place. Not sure if the MKT has the same setup.

Peter

The issue I had was with my 2011 Explorer not the 2014 MKT. It was many years ago and I can't recall exactly but it seemed pretty clear in my case what should go where. I just worked at it until it went back in place. Not sure if the MKT has the same setup.

Peter
Alright thanks I’ll see what I can do.

Back