4.0 Exhaust Clip Thread ! | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.0 Exhaust Clip Thread !

ok sounds good with me

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds real good. I think the vortex is one of the best sounding and flowing mufflers the 4.0

how do u run no cats and not get cel?

still have them this the muffler with a larger tailpipe I may have them swap out the other pipe from the cat to the muffler with same size pipe

still have them this the muffler with a larger tailpipe I may have them swap out the other pipe from the cat to the muffler with same size pipe

i dont understand? running no cats means not hooked up right ?

i dont understand? running no cats means not hooked up right ?

xero has cats, afboy does not. If you want to run no cats you'll have to make an offroad y pipe, and get MIL eliminators to stop the o2 sensors from illuminating the CEL

Running with no cats is illegal, and if you get caught you risk massive fines and many other penalties, so you do this at your own risk.

Justin

xero has cats, afboy does not. If you want to run no cats you'll have to make an offroad y pipe, and get MIL eliminators to stop the o2 sensors from illuminating the CEL

Running with no cats is illegal, and if you get caught you risk massive fines and many other penalties, so you do this at your own risk.

Justin

what is a mil eliminator ? and where can I get one?

here is a clip form take off the camera freaked out on me so the end is a little messed up but it gives you an idea
th_video-2010-04-23-08-41-32.jpg

how do i know what mil eliminator will fit my truck ?

i made a video the other day just for me before i do my gear swap and wasnt going to post it but the exhaust sounds freakn sweet and its a pretty cool vid,so im posting it!!!im not trying to do anything special in it was just trying to get a video of shift point speeds before gear swap.speedo is right.my outside clips are on the channel also but dont really do any justice.anyways turn it up and enjoy:D:D
http://www.youtube.com/user/jdez42

Justin

Thank you for bringing MIL eliminators to my attention! never heard of them b4 and so happy i just did.... im deff going catless.. what a pain in the ass they are, trans pan.... im gunna get inspected b4 i take em off.

gunna take out the cats then do a y pipe into a 2.5in/out Cherry Bomb Pro muffler then a turn down right in front of the rear wheel. gunna sound sweet!

Flowmaster 40 on 2.5 pipes with a high flow cat and no resonator.

~Mark

sounds bad ass mark

gotta love the sound of the flowies on that OHV motor. What model 40? Super, original, or delta?
this, and also curious to know if it has tailpipe(s) on it or if it's dumped?

love it either way. pretty much exactly what i want.

gotta love the sound of the flowies on that OHV motor. What model 40? Super, original, or delta?

I didn't ask which 40 series it was, I just needed a new muffler and that is what they carried. He just said flowmaster 40

The pipe comes out the muffler, runs over the axle and comes out behind the rear tire facing downward some..

~Mark

Here is my Edelbrock SDT and magnaflow bolt on's. i'll try to find the vids of my flowmaster 40 series (american thunder).

mild take off to WOT.

th_0520002233.jpg

th_0520002249.jpg

i'll post up different take off's and crusing vids sometime.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds nice

Back