• Register Today It's free!

4.0 ohv belt layout

natmanjoh

Reaction score
City, State
salad bowl, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 bronco 2
Bronco 2 has a 94 4.0 ohv swap. Was starting to get a squealing sound from the engine. Decided to change the belt as my first step. Realized the mechanic I had do the swap a couple years ago didn't put the belt layout down for reference. I drew how the belt layout is currently on the engine to compare to pictures I found on google. I believe the belt is on one of the pulleys wrong, but cannot verify as I can't find a legitimate belt layout diagram, and my Chiltons doesn't have it either. Can anyone compare it and or post a picture of the layout so I can put back correctly. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I knew it! Lol the mechanic messed up more than he fixed. Thanks for the quick response

You sure about that being a '94 4.0L in yours?
I see a '93 (or older) belt tensioner pulley on that (in which case your present belt routing is correct).

('94 puts the tensioner pulley down the side, with the fixed pulley up top)

Diagram for '93 & older:

Attachments

• 93down4.0belt.jpg
    93down4.0belt.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 2,470

You might be right then junkie. When I got the donor explorer for the swap the door tags indicated a 1994. Could of had an engine swap maybe and owner didn't say? I don't know, here's some pics of the pulleys from above. first vehicle I've ever worked on. Learn as you go I guess lol

Back