4th Gen Explorer Pictures | Page 39 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nice Explorer! Those lights are incredibly cool! :D

Thanks. There are more to come. I want to level my truck. I don't want to do a spacer lift since I had problems with my old one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got to explore Moab a little bit with my new tires. 265/70R16 Destination ATs. This is the tire size these explorers should have had from the factory. It looks like it was designed for it, and I suspect some bean counter made them change to the 235s to save cost. Anyway, Moab was great! Didn't get to do all that much off-roading, but what I did was spectacular.

5587d881-6a4f-4284-bff5-7d1f111a9003.jpg

IMG_20140402_5267.jpg

That is awesome, Brillig. The truck looks great and so does the scenery. Wish I had somewhere to off-road near me.

I agree about the tires; the ones that come on it from the factory are tiny and don't complement the Explorer's look.

Awesome! What happened to your fender, though? :p

Added Quick Lifts, rims and tires. Deciding what to do next.

Attachments

• Explorer 3.JPG
    Explorer 3.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,329

Tony, what kinda exhaust you running? Do you have a V6 or V8? Also why is there a hood scoop on your rear quarter panel?

hey Tony, mustve spent some serious money on all those scoops all over the rig. lol!

Was Pep Boys having a clearance sale on scoops? Buy one, get 15 free.

LOL, I like to change my vehicles around and not make them look like everyone elses. The scoops aren't bad if you use them in a way that it doesn't make your truck, car, vehicle, look funny. Before I purchased and installed I made sure it wouldn't look funny. I did a few renderings and showed to a few automotive friends and non-friends and they were cool with the look. So, I went with it.

They all like the look and said that it would make the truck look mean, rugged, and different of course. While driving in the city I get lots of looks and appraises. So, I'm good.... LOL

This site is cool. I enjoy feedback whether its negative or positive. So, I'm cool with criticism.

Lookin' good! Beefy tires really change the look of these Explorers.

I see you have an Alabama plate but you're profile says Tennessee. Which one do you reside in? :D

Very nice sona, I love seeing ATs and MTs on Explorer 17s.

I see you have an Alabama plate but you're profile says Tennessee. Which one do you reside in? :D

Thanks!! Alabama, lived there most of my life. Tennessee was a temporary deal... need to change that. haha.

Thanks!! Alabama, lived there most of my life. Tennessee was a temporary deal... need to change that. haha.

BTW, some of these pics down at the bottom you see the driver, it's one of my buddies that wanted to drive it while i took some pics.

expractice4.png

What wheel/tire combo are you running??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Attachments

• Explorer 4.PNG
    Explorer 4.PNG
    386.5 KB · Views: 1,807

Back