4x4 in motion 2015 poker run trip report | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4x4 in motion 2015 poker run trip report

RockRanger

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
Tracy Bailey and I decided to attend the 24th annual 4x4 in motion poker run. Tracy and I went 5 years ago and had a good time. It is held on the Niagra Rim trail in the Stanislaus National Forest about 3 hours from our house. We headed up Friday and arrived around 2pm to setup camp. It had rained Thursday so there was no dust and the highs were in the 70's and lows in the 50's. Friday evening they held a Pirate themed happy hour where they served appetizers and beverages. Bailey wanted to dress up so we let her.

Bailey 4x4inmotion2015 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr

Saturday the run is split into three groups. There was no difference in the groups other then the order you ran the trail. This is to help limit the wait times on the trail and worked well. Loaded up and Bailey is ready for the fun.

IMG_0568 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr

Yes that is not my ranger. We took Tracy's jeep so the three of us could enjoy the run as a family. Tracy also took the driving responsibilities and drove the whole trail.

IMG_0573 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr

IMG_0581 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr

IMG_0582 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr

IMG_0588 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr

Saturday evening after the run a tri-tip dinner with a bunch of sides was served. A raffle was held with the big giveaway beng an ARB fridge. We d'dn't win anything but had a great time and hope to make it for many years to come.

Looks like a good time!

Back