Votes: 27 6.9%
  • Single exit 70 series 2.5" tailpipe-rear cats removed

Votes: 53 13.5%
  • Single exit with 3" tailpipe-rear cats removed

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Other--please specify in post

Votes: 70 17.8%

• Total voters
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. And Im not too worried about the fumes, but I can see why you are.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh, well me and Baer have to cross waters too, so i thinking military marine it since its already following well leading suit, sweet huh. but dumping the trash has to happen even going or living under water, so how to how do we recycle it?

think it would be smart to have the exhaust sit in the middle,currentley i have it infront of my back right wheel

Can anyone help me out I want a muffler that isn't too loud but nice and deep. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

It's all personal preference. I like the sound of the Magnaflow's personally. They come in different lengths which regulates how loud it will be.

ok guys help me out. i have a Stock pipe minus the resonator. i want a deep sound that is in between loud and stock. i found both a Flowmaster and a Magna flow that will fit (im going to install) so help me out on which you think is better. im leaning twords flowmaster only because i have never heard a magna flow
Flowmaster
Magnaflow

In the end it's all personal choice. It's always best with mufflers to do alot of watching on youtube until you hear something that sizzles your bacon.

here's a magnaflow video

Here's one of mine with the flowmaster setup. Mine is definitely not a stock setup. Look close to the differences.

All we can do objectively is tell you what these muffler's characteristics are in our specific trucks. Other than that it's becomes opinionated, and I like to stay objective. So best bet , think of the mods you might do Headers, Engine work, Cats, etc and think of what combination of that with what muffler you'll enjoy best. Do you want single outlet or dual outlet?

So best bet , think of the mods you might do Headers, Engine work, Cats, etc and think of what combination of that with what muffler you'll enjoy best. Do you want single outlet or dual outlet?

I'm trying to put as little moey into it as I can mod wise so headers are out. Only thing that might happen is new pipe and possible new cats if they go. Engine work will be maintenance. I only want a single pipe out the back. What flowmaster was that?

No muffler, Straight pipe from cat back

Gonna chop the muffler off and just put a piece of pipe in there and some U bolts. aside from being loud (Which is fine by me) And not so legal (Live in the country in so. Alabama so no worries) any mechanical issues i could have?
Did this with my 06' Silverado without problems, Just want to make sure. Btw The EX in question is a 97' XLT 5.0

Hey guys! New member here looking for some good info....i sjust searched this thread for an hour and was unable to find a good answer or some good opinions on my question...i want my 2000 ford explorer 5.0 to be louder and have that "mustang sound and tone" i do not want to peice together an exhaust...i want to buy one ready to go that has a single exit pipe(i do not want a dual exit). Ive heard that explorer express has an exhaust available but don't lnow what it sounds like and i do not see any of you guys using it...can you please give me some recommendations

Mustangs sound like they do because of the exhaust systems that they have. If you want it to sound like a Mustang, use very similar exhaust parts, the same kind, type, and number of components.

Put another way, how many tailpipes do Mustangs have? How many mufflers do they have, and what sizes are those pipes and mufflers?

Mustangs sound like they do because of the exhaust systems that they have. If you want it to sound like a Mustang, use very similar exhaust parts, the same kind, type, and number of components.

Put another way, how many tailpipes do Mustangs have? How many mufflers do they have, and what sizes are those pipes and mufflers?

yup.... what he said^

yup.... what he said^

Do engine work like freer flowing heads, cam, headers, high flow cats with no rears, 2.5'' or greater piping into a mid pipe either X or H. That'll make it sound more Mustang like because the exhaust at that point will be true dual like on a 5.0 Stang. I'm hoping mine will sound more like a Stang once my motor is back together. I'll have a video when my project is completed and then we can all see for ourselves.

Has anyone tried the cherrybomb extreme? I was going to do single in single out and cut the rear cats off. Anyone know how this will sound? I want it to be pretty loud.

Since mine is mostly done now I'll post up my exhaust. Torque Monster Headers to dual 2.5" into dual electronic dumps (out the side pipes), then into a dual 2.5" in single 3" out 24" straight through magnaflow. No cats. This video is with the dumps open.

th_100_0062.jpg

sounds good hodges

Hi, New here. Is it possible to put a dual exhaust system on a 1998 Explorer Limited with the 5.0 in it? Go easy guys I'm 60 years old!! If yes can someone point me in the direction with some links or pages? I've looked over the threads, but nothing pops out at me. Thanks

Some guys have done duals on the explorer but most say the beneift doesn't out way the risks. Most times you have to eliminate the spare tire to do it and/ or run one pipe under the gas tank which isn't advisable.. If you wanted you can do dual exhaust with them both exsiting out the passenger side..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Some guys have done duals on the explorer but most say the beneift doesn't out way the risks. Most times you have to eliminate the spare tire to do it and/ or run one pipe under the gas tank which isn't advisable.. If you wanted you can do dual exhaust with them both exsiting out the passenger side..

Hi, thanks! I'm not to worried about the spare tire, but does someone make a kit to run out on both sides? Or what you are talking about on the same side? never heard of that. Thanks for reply :exp:

Back