5.0 Sport Trac Lives

ttbit

Reaction score
City, State
Maryville,TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 ST 5.0 sold
'07 ST8
I will be building a web site to show what I did, in time. I just wanted to share a quick video and some pics to show that my ST is alive. Please forgive the bad pics and video. It was already dark when my battery finished charging on the camera. I wanted to at least get one shot showing it really was a Sport Trac though. ;) I still have to shorten a couple of wires, finish figuring out the vacuum lines and some other things, but it was nice to hear it run today.

Video:
old bad link removed

Attachments

• st50.jpg
    st50.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 7,376
  • st50-2.jpg
    st50-2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 16,289

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

keep up the good work what yr did that 5.0 come from and was it an x or a mounty and u plan on doing other mods to it

All 5.0 parts came from a wrecked 96 Explorer that I purchased and parted. I am so glad I did it that way. You would be amazed at how many parts you need.

Nice work!:thumbsup: Keep us updated after you get a chance to drive it.

thats cool u should do a clip of u driving it and etc.

Very nice, good work. Post some more pictures when you can too. Congrats,

way to go! I almost want the SOHC or trans in our 02 Sport Trac to blow up so I can get started on this :)

Maybe someday I will have a v8 in mine. Two years ago I had acquired a wreck 95 Bronco with the 351w in it. But, I sold it to get married. Love rules over the truck. :D

Also I can't believe how low that thing sits, they're much higher in the explorers.

hahahhaha... Part of that is due to the 4.0, trans, and the old transfer case being in the bed still. My garage is a little tight with all the stuff I have in it.

I threw it in stock for now. Once I get everything complete and driving for a while, I will decide on mods. It is AWD also.

I appreciate the comments and positive words. I will have more info out there soon!!

OH...Yes. The frame is the same up front and I am using the same motor mounts from the 96 Explorer. Plenty of room for a Kenne Bell, it looks like. :)

one of my friend in michigan has a V8 from a 99 explorer eddie baurer and he might sell it to me and i might do an engine swap on mine.

Great job, look forward to seeing it in person. We need to get the Knoxville area people together for lunch one saturday to compare Explorers.

Yes, in Spring. I've got a big project of my own to finish here. I can't get any paint work done until the weather warms some.

Drove it around the block. Exhaust is open after the cats. Pretty darn loud. I hope I can find a shop somewhere close to finish out the exhaust. Tranny shifted and the speedo worked. I separated the VSS signal at the main engine harness as the 96 EEC wants the transfer case signal and the rest of the car wants the signal from the ABS system. I think I made them both happy by doing this.

I am hearing a rubbing/light grinding in the left front going the speed of the wheel. I need to check that out before going on a longer cruise. Might be a wheel bearing or maybe I damaged a CV as much as I had to work in that area for the exhaust.

I didn't have much time to get it posed for pictures as I had to clean the garage to make room for the 4.0 stuff that came out of the bed. I am attaching two shots I managed to snap though.

A get together in Knoxville sounds good to me!

Attachments

• outside1.jpg
    outside1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 7,473
  • outside2.jpg
    outside2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 7,215

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

u should post a sound clip of exhaust

Back