50 Horsepower For 5 Cents............ | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

50 Horsepower For 5 Cents............

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good stuff :D

Nice link in your sig and even nicer ride. Thanks for including my how-to in it! U da man.

Thanks! I figured I should give credit where it's due

i just did the mod in about 5 secs and i put 2 zip ties on and i will see how it does tommorow thanks for all the info! This forum has been the best so far:thumbsup:

i just did the mod in about 5 secs and i put 2 zip ties on and i will see how it does tommorow thanks for all the info! This forum has been the best so far:thumbsup:

U will see a huge difference. :thumbsup:

Deff gonna see if I can do this to my first gen as throttle response is not quite satisfactory

It works awsome its a little different haveing the pedel a little higher than brake but i can adjust lol

Thanks for your help, jlsparky. That mod did the trick and it took 3 tie wraps. That cable was stretched bad.

Now the accelerator is incredibly sensitive.

Thanks for your help, jlsparky. That mod did the trick and it took 3 tie wraps. That cable was stretched bad.

Now the accelerator is incredibly sensitive.

Glad it fixed the prob man. :thumbsup:

can you do this on the 98 models?

You can do this on all 4 door full size models of 2001 model year and older.

I don't know anything about the Sport's and when they switched to TBW to I cannot speak for the 2 door Explorers though.

I noticed that some of you mentioned that this mod will not gain you horsepower. Actually in fact it will regain you horsepower. When that cable stretches over time you will lose the ability to open the throttle body blade all the way and go full WOT which will have an adverse affect on your power. Trust me, going from a roughly 25% open TB blade to near 100% you will regain some of that previously lost power back. I know that whether you guys understand why this has the affect it does on your cars does not really matter, it still is good gouge to understand about your vehicles. :thumbsup:

im not gunna lie, i watched some of your vids today and decided to do this, not a good idea, i was pulling out of gas station and "sham clackkk booom tear rip" - went my engine, ive been having a knock that has said to be the oil tensioners/something to do with timeing chain, had to get it towed, not saying this thottle mod made this happen but now something serious is wrong

im not gunna lie, i watched some of your vids today and decided to do this, not a good idea, i was pulling out of gas station and "sham clackkk booom tear rip" - went my engine, ive been having a knock that has said to be the oil tensioners/something to do with timeing chain, had to get it towed, not saying this thottle mod made this happen but now something serious is wrong

It was not the throttle mod. It was a lack of maintainance or bad luck that cause your engine to take a dump.

There is no way that taking the slack out of your throttle cable will cause your engine to blow up.

yea i know, knowing me its probably bad luck, i was thinking about doing that nitrous kit thats safe for stock engines mad eby zepco or zapco, maybe zep,,,,idk whatever, doesnt matter now haha

yea i know, knowing me its probably bad luck, i was thinking about doing that nitrous kit thats safe for stock engines mad eby zepco or zapco, maybe zep,,,,idk whatever, doesnt matter now haha

Never heard of nitrous on a stock vehicle, let alone an explorer.

Wow that sucks that the timing chain let go.....

Maybe it wont be too expensive to fix...is the SOHC an interference motor? I know the OHC's arent

Wow that sucks that the timing chain let go.....

Maybe it wont be too expensive to fix...is the SOHC an interference motor? I know the OHC's arent

I was thinking timing chain as well....

Exactly....

Dennit469 - Google "00M12 Ford Recall" and read up...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

any idea how much of a fix this is, money wise?

Back