50 Horsepower For 5 Cents............ | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

50 Horsepower For 5 Cents............

just did this mod. WOW feels like a whole new car! ;-)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought this was like some ricer mod, but the throttle response is just like before I had a lift.

Just did this to my 2001 XLS 4.0 SOHC and definitely noticed the difference. Its like having a brand new Explorer again!!

Thanks for the video!!!

I only had to use 1 ziptie, allowed throttle cable to meets its stopper, was immediately more responsive,m didn't mess with idle at all, and ttook intake hose of today and its almost completely open Like 98-99% open, and no more sputtering when I shift (woo standards)

Great mod. I actually noticed a small mpg gain since i dont have to jam my foot to the floor everything I'm on the highway. Thanks a lot.

I have a 2005 4.0 XLT....will this mod work on my vehicle?

I thought this was like some ricer mod, but the throttle response is just like before I had a lift.

Just did this to my 2001 XLS 4.0 SOHC and definitely noticed the difference. Its like having a brand new Explorer again!!

Thanks for the video!!!

I only had to use 1 ziptie, allowed throttle cable to meets its stopper, was immediately more responsive,m didn't mess with idle at all, and ttook intake hose of today and its almost completely open Like 98-99% open, and no more sputtering when I shift (woo standards)

Great mod. I actually noticed a small mpg gain since i dont have to jam my foot to the floor everything I'm on the highway. Thanks a lot.

You are all very welcome. Sorry ive been slacking on the vids lately. I have a lot going on. More vids to come!

I have a 2005 4.0 XLT....will this mod work on my vehicle?

I believe your vehicle is FBW (Fly by wire) in other words there is no cable, its an electrical signal from a sensor instead. So this mod is impossible to do on your vehicle. Thanks for checkin out the vid though. :)

I believe your vehicle is FBW (Fly by wire) in other words there is no cable, its an electrical signal from a sensor instead. So this mod is impossible to do on your vehicle. Thanks for checkin out the vid though. :)

Thanks for the clarification. I'm disappointed, as I thought I could mod the throttle response accordingly....what a bummer!:mad:

I wonder if you would recommend me doing this to all my vehicles? :p

Just put 2 zip ties on my cable and then drove around for a bit. Worked for me, response is so much better!! Best part of this was it was FREE and only took me 1 minute to do.
Thanks!!!

I wonder if you would recommend me doing this to all my vehicles? :p

Any vehicle with a stretched throttle cable itll work great on.

Just put 2 zip ties on my cable and then drove around for a bit. Worked for me, response is so much better!! Best part of this was it was FREE and only took me 1 minute to do.
Thanks!!!

:)

would this work on my 03 4.0L?

DSCN0717.jpg

cool, I'm gonna have to try that soon

yeah this is a super common mod on a lot of the ranger sites as well. i also have done this on my 05 focus cable.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First thing I did on my 99 Ranger when I bought it in 02, 'cept I used those retainers that look like horseshoes used in brake jobs-just squeezed them around the cable-been there ever since..not the first vehicle I've done this too..............

Back