87 Bronco II build up begins. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

87 Bronco II build up begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was just about to post up some pics. Ive been work 6-7 days a week for the last 3 weeks. havent had an BII time till this week. Staye tuned for some pics.

Well the first pic is I finally pulled the motor cause a guy wanted it, Pulled it out and loaded it up, called him then he chaged his mind:fire: The next pic is a before and the last is an after. Some people might like it and some may not. But its my truck and this is what i did. :D

engine bay 1.jpg

BII-1.jpg

clip 1.jpg

I picked up the fenders, hood, lights, grille, and core suport from an 89 BII. I got all this for under a 100 bucks.:) The harrdest parts was the core suport. had to drill out 32 spot welds. Then i had to do some cutting to the inner fender support to make the new core support fit right. It took me about 4 hours to get it all done. I still need to adjust some things to get the lines to match up but ran out of daylight. the first pic is the two core suports. the old on top and the new on bottom. the last three are the end product, I like it. The new fenders have the XL badge on them. I was going to take them off but i'm going to keep them. When im done it will be an Extra Large BII. so the XL works for me.:p:

Attachments

• clip 4.jpg
    clip 4.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,426
  • clip 3.jpg
    clip 3.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,456
  • clip 2.jpg
    clip 2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,468
  • core 1.jpg
    core 1.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,468

I like it. I want a ranger grill for mine.

wow man NICE job!! it came out great :)

it wa alot easier then i had thought.

Looks Rad Joe! I haven't been keeping up with your thread...

Subscribing!

here is what i have been working on. the 4.0 that will call the BII home. Look familiar Brett:D Still have more to do. sorry about the crappy pic. was running out of daylight. i'll get better ones when its all together.

engine 1.jpg

that is one good engine! you will love the BII with 4.0L power
I cant believe you painted the WHOLE thing, the exhaust falnges, waterpump, etc hahahaha nice

yeah i got a little carried away. replaced all the gaskets, rebuilt the heads, replaced timing chain, oil pump, waterpump, etc. Should last me a long time.

Here is the motor all done and ready to go in. Now I just need to get the BII ready for the motor.

Attachments

• engine 2.jpg
    engine 2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,448
  • engine 3.jpg
    engine 3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,427

you are going to love it 4.0L rocks in a BII nice work on the engine

I cant wait to take it for a drive once i get it in there. have to wait till Jan. To register it though. No more emission testing starting Jan. 1st

Is that because it will be 20 years old then? That is nice!

Is that because it will be 20 years old then? That is nice!

Nope they decided that the city didnt need them anymore. so all gas engines no longer need them. except diesel engines. Alot of my friends are going motor swap crazy now, cause they dont have to worry about passing an emission test.

Nope they decided that the city didnt need them anymore. so all gas engines no longer need them. except diesel engines. Alot of my friends are going motor swap crazy now, cause they dont have to worry about passing an emission test.

HMMM, we have to go through the county here.

That works out well for you though...just in time!

Joe in denver there are not many engines I can put in a BII that would not pass the sniffer test set for a 88 2.9L, meaning even a 350 Chevy built to the hilt with a carb would probably pass the 2.9L emissions gas limits if it was tuned well....
For my 88 BII all Denver cared about was a cat converter and that it passed the sniffer test, my 5.0L OBD-II blew lower numbers then my 93 4.0L with bolt ons and a hallow cat, both of them passed, they never seemed to care what was under the hood as long as the stuff coming out the back was clean and the gas cap held pressure.
I know it changing in 07 even better but you still have to pass the sniffer test = no problem as long as its not running rich

My BII is 13 months away from classic plates, I cant wait! Shes also just passed 291K miles

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well here in the springs we would have to go get a slip from one of the state guys. There is only one guy. he makes the decision as to if you can even get it to a station for a test. have to have a slip for engine swaps. drop off the car all day while he poked around to make sure everything that needed to be there was there. The guy is a real picky guy. trust me i ussed to deal with him evey day. Cause im certified to do emission testing. I know the explorer will pass a sniffer test. its just less to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back