87 Bronco II build up begins. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

87 Bronco II build up begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow I actually tried to setup a meeting with a referee when I fist did the 4.0L conversion, I went to the headquarters place and talked to them, they looked at me like i was crazy, they said just go get it emissioned and it passed.
I thought all of CO was the same, maybe not? Anywho they have not even popped my hood in the last 10 years to look, just mirror for the cat converter, sniffer/dyno run and then gas cap test

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah its alot different down here it looks like.

Motor looks good Joe :D

Are you going to use the 5spd too?

Brett

Motor looks good Joe :D

Are you going to use the 5spd too?

Brett

I think so. Since I have two of them I need to see which one is in better shape. i'm thinking the one i got from you since you said it was rebuilt recently. who knows

Ive been doin some small things trying to get the BII ready for the motor. I swapped out the steering gear box, added a second tray for a dual battery setup. cost me nothing. used an original battery tray. just trying to get odds and ends located and the engine bay cleaned up before I drop in the 4.0.

where did you put the new tray and did you weld it in?

i put it on the drivers side behind the headlight where the old washer bottle was. just like the other battery. Then i put the explorer washer bottle where the crusie control bracket was. I bolted it in. there were some pre existing holes i used to locate it. Had to drill out the spot welds and then flip the bracket over. worked out pretty good I think. if ya want some pics let me know.

Pics are goooood.

So here are the pics. I used the 87 battery tray since it came out with the old core support. I still need to do some adujsting to get it to sit level. but its pretty much done.

Picture 041.jpg

Picture 042.jpg

Picture 043.jpg

Lookin good Joe.

awesome, I have a gen II explorer tray that I will be using for a dual setup in my BII (when I get a winch)
The metal tray in my BII on the pass side was rusted quite a bit (like the one you just posted) so I would prefer to use the plastic tray, it too should be a simple bolt in deal. I will try to use a pretty new aluminum overflow tank for the coolant and some sort of washer fluid resevoir from another Ford.

Keep it up so we can go wheel!

well i still have the BII. Havent changed my mind yet. I just got done moving and doing alot of overtime at work, so the BII was put aside for awhile. I need to dig it out from the snow so I can start working on this again. I still hevnt put in the 4.0 yet. Thats next on my list. I'm also trying to figure out what to do about my engine crossmember.

Joe,

Its been warm lately, did you get anything done? LETS GO WHEELING!!! I got my winder in, I am ready to rock. We should tow that thing to my house and put it in the garage where it can be worked on..

Nope all ive done is dig it out. Im gona work on it tuesday and wed. I dont mind working outside it motivates me some times. I just need to focus on getting the motor in. Im trying to decide what i should do with the engine crossmember while the motor is out. Any ideas. Its going to involve some welding wich i suck at right now. I need to take a class somewhere but cant find one.

Ill weld it for you if you want. I can even bring my machine. I took a class in high school, the best class for me was experience though! I learned more welding on stuff then I did in that class!

So here are the pics. I used the 87 battery tray since it came out with the old core support. I still need to do some adujsting to get it to sit level. but its pretty much done.

Funny thig is that I did that about 1 year ago.:rolleyes:

MoreBIV%20057.jpg

Funny thig is that I did that about 1 year ago.:rolleyes:

Well i'm sorry JoelH. I guess I should do something else then. Dont wana have the same idea as anyone else :rolleyes: I dont wana be a copy cat.

Well i'm sorry JoelH. I guess I should do something else then. Dont wana have the same idea as anyone else :rolleyes: I dont wana be a copy cat.

WTF I was just saying that I did that too. Pretty much the exact same way. I just used a tray from an 89. Not saying it's anything new. I'm sure I wasn't the first to do it either.:confused:

I do like where you mounted the charcoal canister though. I was able to get mine under the tray, near the stock location.

I just look at some of the things you are doing and I think back to when I was building mine and you've got alot of the same idea's going into yours that I put into mine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WTF I was just saying that I did that too. Pretty much the exact same way. I just used a tray from an 89. Not saying it's anything new. I'm sure I wasn't the first to do it either.:confused:

I do like where you mounted the charcoal canister though. I was able to get mine under the tray, near the stock location.

Sorry took it the wrong way. I like your BII though like how ya did the headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back