and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

94' XLT value??

Discussion in 'Modified 1991-1994 Explorers' started by skoobydoobiedew, November 14, 2005.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. skoobydoobiedew

skoobydoobiedew Active Member

City, State:
      St. Paul, MN
      Year and Model:
      '91 EB
      as the title says.. i love my explorer to death... but with the gas prices being as they are.. driving a lifted explorer isn't the easiest on my pockets. Im mostly wondering if I should take out my body lift, spacers, shackles, roof rack, etc. and put on the stock bumper and basically put it back to stock, then sell it. Or... should I leave it the way it is, and wait for the right buyer who actually wants a lifted explorer? the whole thought of selling my baby makes me sick to my stomach... but what do u do? its still not set in stone whether ill sell it or not.. but i just wanna be ready when i decide for sure. so... any thoughts? any guesses on what my rig would bring $$??? it also has a rebuilt transmission that was rebuilt 1000 miles ago and a brand new radiator and new tires. thanks for your advise!!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. skoobydoobiedew

City, State:
      St. Paul, MN
      Year and Model:
      '91 EB
      also... dont be afraid to tell me what i should do to help it sell. and be honest example: "dude... ditch that ugly rear bumper and it will sell" thanks!!!!

4. 1IronMike

1IronMike Active Member

City, State:
      Sacramento, California
      Year and Model:
      1994 XLT
      I do not think you are the only one in this position. More than a few are selling off their toys because of the fuel prices and are loosing money. If there is any way you can pick up a more fuel efficient ride to help out and keep your 94, I would. Gas prices are on thier way back down and while I do not think they will ever get much below $2 / gal, you can still play on the weekends. Good luck.

5. pughman

pughman Active Member

City, State:
      in a galaxy far far away "MISSOURI"
      Year and Model:
      92 XLT
      i sold my toy (F-250 on 35's) it got like 7-10 mpg. and got my explorer for the good gas mpg! hahaha , im loven the 15-18 mpg !!! might rethink the hole thing and just get you a better DD for cheap...

6. skoobydoobiedew

City, State:
      St. Paul, MN
      Year and Model:
      '91 EB
      I've been thinking a lot lately and.. well for now it looks like ill be keeping my truck : ) im still open to any thoughts about value, etc. thanks for your help!!!