• Register Today It's free!

94' XLT value??

skoobydoobiedew

Reaction score
City, State
St. Paul, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 EB
as the title says.. i love my explorer to death... but with the gas prices being as they are.. driving a lifted explorer isn't the easiest on my pockets. Im mostly wondering if I should take out my body lift, spacers, shackles, roof rack, etc. and put on the stock bumper and basically put it back to stock, then sell it. Or... should I leave it the way it is, and wait for the right buyer who actually wants a lifted explorer? the whole thought of selling my baby makes me sick to my stomach... but what do u do? its still not set in stone whether ill sell it or not.. but i just wanna be ready when i decide for sure. so... any thoughts? any guesses on what my rig would bring $$??? it also has a rebuilt transmission that was rebuilt 1000 miles ago and a brand new radiator and new tires. thanks for your advise!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I do not think you are the only one in this position. More than a few are selling off their toys because of the fuel prices and are loosing money. If there is any way you can pick up a more fuel efficient ride to help out and keep your 94, I would. Gas prices are on thier way back down and while I do not think they will ever get much below $2 / gal, you can still play on the weekends. Good luck.

i sold my toy (F-250 on 35's) it got like 7-10 mpg. and got my explorer for the good gas mpg! hahaha , im loven the 15-18 mpg !!! might rethink the hole thing and just get you a better DD for cheap...

Back