• Register Today It's free!

95-01 billet grill CHEAP, hurry

benj75

Reaction score
City, State
Seymour, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Explorer Sport, 2dr
95-01 EXplorer billet grill inserts for $65, plus $7 shipping on ebay!!

I just bid on one.

There are only 8 hours left in the auction.

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i bought one from that guy too. he always has an auction going. if you miss this one dont worry... there will be another one right after.

This guy has been selling those one after another for about 6 months. No hurry. They're cheap and look like **** IMO.

Some people say they dont look good and some people love them. I, personally, like them because they have 25 bars so it hides the stock grille better. Of course, in the right light you can still see it but I think it does a better job. I think it is worth it for the money.

Looks like isht?

that's a pretty strong statement, especially considering you didn't say anything relevant to support your opinion.

consider this:

while you paid $190 for just a grill, I'm paying a little over $200 to get monroe sensatracs, a grill, and an alignment. or for $30 more than you spent, I could've gotten an air dam and a grill.

I hope telling me that the grill I just bought is a cheap p.o.s. makes you feel better about overpaying for yours at ee.

I could've gotten a similar grill to yours for alot less money than you paid.

but, not for $65, a price i couldn't pass up just to have less bars and more open space. I'm an adult with real responsibilities and bills, not a teenager living with mom and dad.

oh, and another thing:

you're right, he has been selling them one after another. go back to the link and click on "view seller feedback comments". out of over 2400 unique buyers, only 30 had negative comments.

Originally posted by benj75
Looks like isht?

that's a pretty strong statement, especially considering you didn't say anything relevant to support your opinion.

consider this:

while you paid $190 for just a grill, I'm paying a little over $200 to get monroe sensatracs, a grill, and an alignment. or for $30 more than you spent, I could've gotten an air dam and a grill.

I hope telling me that the grill I just bought is a cheap p.o.s. makes you feel better about overpaying for yours at ee.

I could've gotten a similar grill to yours for alot less money than you paid.

but, not for $65, a price i couldn't pass up just to have less bars and more open space. I'm an adult with real responsibilities and bills, not a teenager living with mom and dad.

oh, and another thing:

you're right, he has been selling them one after another. go back to the link and click on "view seller feedback comments". out of over 2400 unique buyers, only 30 had negative comments.

Very well put Benj75!! As one of those 'over 2400 unique buyers' I am very much satisfied with my grills....top and bottom. And I agree with you 100%:cool:

Hey 98fordx24,

You said "hides the stock grill", isn't that grill the same as the other billet ones in which you cut out the orig. grill???

Later,
Johnny:hammer:

no this grille goes on right over the stock grille. thats part of the reason I got this one... I didnt want to cut anything.

98FordX24, I checked out your site...nice X. Do you have any close ups of your custom dual exhuast setup? Was it expensive to have done? Can you still store your spare underneath? Thanks

Ebay

I have one of those ebay billet grills and it looks good on my X. I painted the stock grill black with some cheap wal mart brand paint. It is impossible to see my stock grill now. If you have the time and are willing to do some painting then I think that you should go for it too. You will also have a good time trying to get that emblem off the front.

Kodeblu... I can still store my spare under the truck. Its out right now because I am doing some work to the suspension so I'm gonna take some pics of the exhaust and stuff... proly next week after I get my sway bar and new shocks in. Then about 3 months later, after I finally use up the rest of the roll, I'll post some pics of the exhaust. :) I hope to have some up soon.

I paid like $110 for the muffler, $45 for each tip (stainless), and like $100 for the pipe. So with labor, the whole job cost me $400.

BTW: I didnt have any trouble getting the emblem off the front. Were your bolts rusted or something?

I'm sure he's a great eBay seller! I just don't like the look of those, excuse me for having an opinion. Also, the only reason I got the EE grill was because there was no drilling or cutting. Sorry, I didn't feel comfortable zip tying a piece of metal to my stock grill that I got for $60.

nothing against the zip-tie grill, but keep an eye on the ties. they tend to deteriorate/dry rot over time. especially when subjected to sunlight and weather. i would replace them every year no matter what they look like. just in case...

Here are a couple pics of my "cheap" grill i bought off of ebay. wow, it really does "look like ****".

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

my stock grill could clearly be seen behind the insert, so i painted it flat black before installing the insert.

...Yeah man that looks nasty, how can you let yourself be seen driving around with a piece of s#$*accessory like that on your nice truck?

Looks good ! Is it polished or brushed?
So after you painted the grill flat blk. you can't see it, that is the only reason I haven't purchased it yet?

Here is another concern I have...
If you put one in the bumper as well, do you think it will cut down on the air flow to the radiator???
Where I live it gets 100 + in the summer.

Great pix!!!

Johnny V.:chug:

it's brushed.

i cleaned it with "NEVR DULL" wadding polish before i installed it, which made it more reflective. any brand of "wadding polish" you can find at an autoparts store should work, and i highly recommend this type of product for cleaning billet grills. the results in sunlight are blinding.

if you use a FLAT black paint, the stock grill won't be noticeable at all, unless your face is right infront of the grill.

grill inserts will cut down airflow. i don't know if it would cause your EX to overheat or run too hot, though.

maybe someone else who lives in an area with similar temps. could answer your question.

Thanks for the reply, looks tight !

Johnny V.:bounce:

what do you mean by zip tie ? i want to get a grill but i dont want to be cutting or anything like that. what optons do i have? also i think i would still like the emblem on there. will it stick to the grill w/ some adhesive or somethin?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this zip ties around the stock grille. now i know this sounds like it wont hold but if you pull those suckers tight its not gonna move. the zip ties go around the verticle bars of the stock grille. you have to remove the emblem to put the billet grille on. you have a few options for putting the emblem on the billet grille. adhesive or use a drill and drill 2 holes in the billet grille, like in between the bars and the bolts will go through the billet grille. once you take the emblem off you will see what i mean.

Back